Passthrough telemetry over CRSF (crossfire)

Hi guys,

I cant seem to get this to work on a Matek H743 Slim. Does anyone know which serial ports have DMA on this board?

I have tried with the Nano v2 RX connected to both UART1 and UART6 with no luck.

serialx_protocol = 23
rc_options = 288 (using the mission planner check boxes, but i confirmed the bitmask as well)

interestingly, i had to set alt_brd_config = 1 to even get RC to work on UART6.

Running AC4.1.0 stable, Yaapu 1.9.5.

The result is the Yaapu screen not showing any updates, but the “No Telemetry” popup does go away once the quad is powered up, so I think its getting something…

Im sure im missing something simple - anyone got this working on the H743 slim?

Yep working for me on the Matek H743 slim and Lumenier Lux HD (basically the same board). No DMA on UART6 but the others should be fine. I did a video of my latest setup: ArduCopter 7" LR Build Video 6 - Flight Controller and Peripheral Wiring - YouTube there are other videos of the software setup.

1 Like

just switched back to UART1, set serial2_protocol=23 (made sure serial7 is set to -1, too) still doesnt seem to work.

Ill try Serial1/UART7 like you did. The weird thing is yaapu seems to know when the connection is there. If I leave the transmitter on and turn off the copter, it goes back to reporting “no telemetry”.

Still nothing on UART7…What am i missing?

I’d try a latest/dev version to see if it changes anything.

Post your parameters. Also how is the RX setup? My setup is again here: ArduCopter 7" LR Build Video 7 - Peripheral Configuration - YouTube Yaapu is the following video.

Hi.
I m recently uploaded the new 0.92 tbs agent lite lua script to my x9d+ radio. I needed because the previous Crsf lua script gives script error messages and freezed, and i had aslo memory issues with yaapu if i used crsf first and started to run yaapu.
Fc is matek f405…running 4.1dev i did not tried this setup with 4.1 stable
(In this test i used 1.9.5 latest yaapu not the low memory dev version .as it seemed working good with new agent lite lua)
NOW with tbs agent lite everything seems good at first run agent lite lua and yaapu also not freeze and do not give script error messages (e.g not enough memory)

BUT i realised something wired…if i run yaapu and go to agent lite lua i can config tx and rx without issue…but if i try to config Ardupilot params through agent lite lua…it just does not load any params (this worked with previous crsf lua) AND if i exit from the script and go back to Yaapu script most of the values and the HUD freezes…battery became 0%…and the whol script fails…and start working extremly slowly…on 1 or 2Hz…as i see in debug.
You can see this issue in the second half of the video

Can be related to ardu 4.1 dev version or its a bug in the agent lite cause conflict with yaapu.?
If i power cycle the FC with ardupilot yaapu script start working again without issue till i go to lite lua ardu params menu in the radio as described above

10122021.param (20.4 KB)

ive watched a lot of your 7" build series by now, LOL. Seems like I have it setup the same as you at this point. :man_shrugging:

Nano RX Ch1 > CRSF TX > Rx7
Nano RX Ch2 > CRSF RX > Tx7

serial1_protocol = 23
RC_Options = 288

There are some issues with agent lite that I am trying to get support from TBS on - not clear whether its an AP or TBS problem.

It looks right to me. My last guess is to try swapping RX/TX in AgentX - maybe its some kind of hardware problem.

Thanks Andy!
Now i upgraded this setup to 4.1.1 stable and all working well with my f405.
I can now config ardu params in Tbs agent lite menu…and when i switch back to yaapu script now it also not freeze into 0…works smooth

1 Like

Ah nice, yeah there was a fix that was probably responsible for this

Yep👍 thanks for feedback.
The only thing i realized before and now also with 4.1.1 that when i go into tbs agent lite ardu params menu…the radio gives a sensor lost message.
My friend tested the same setup with a radiomaster tx16 does the same sensor lost every time when fo into this menu.

That’s because the parameter menus are prioritized over telemetry

1 Like

Hmm…Ill try it. But the RC works as is. Thats the most curious - the RC (ie RX7 pad) seems to be working as expected, and I assume is connected correctly.
And the “No Telemetry” popup on Yaapu screen goes away when the transmitter is connected to the receiver.

Its starting to feel like something else in the signal path is consuming the data and its not making it to Yaapu script.

You enabled CRSF in the widget presumably?

:man_facepalming:

…uh…no? LOL.

So thats one piece to the puzzle. Now that I have it enabled, I get the correct CRSF link qly displayed at the top of yaapu screen. It shows 100/2 now whereas before i enabled CRSF, it showed ‘99’

…but I still dont have any movement in horizon, no batt voltage, no GPS shown, etc. I tried deleting all sensors and re-discovering sensors, same thing.

Is it a diversity nano or regular nano? There are some issues with the diversity version.

Looks like Crossfire FW 6.10 has finally been released and includes…

fix: Crossfire Diversity Nano Rx baudrate for serial 3 on

:tada:

1 Like

Regular Nano V2. This one: https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:crossfire_nano_rx