Parameters don't load over telemetry

Current Sik Telem Page

This why it is odd as the radios are connected to each other just no packets are received from arducopter can you post your arducopter param file.

If youā€™re getting that page i donā€™t think this is a Sik radio issue. I think itā€™s on the serial port. If the BRD_CONFIG didnā€™t help you might have to try another serial port (if somethingā€™s open)

Matek F405 SE Params.param (15.5 KB)

Here are the current params.

Iā€™m starting to wonder about that. Unfortunately I donā€™t have any other UARTS open, but I could temporarily move something.

1 Like

This is all going by fast, so Iā€™m sorry if this too obvious, but you did do a full power cycle after changing BRD_CONFIG? (battery and usb?)

Youā€™re totally good. Iā€™ll try that now, I donā€™t remember if I did or not.

1 Like

No luck on a power cycle - still no heartbeat :confused:

Darn. Well, my last idea is to try a different port just for trouble shooting. May not totally solve the problem but at least weā€™ll know if itā€™s the port or not.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give that a try - thanks for all the help!

1 Like

I would say thats a good choice is to move and see if it is working but looking at your config file you have the baudrate set to 115 but the radios are set to 57600. The radios work no issues on the radio side they are talking like they are supposed to so now we need to troubleshoot the arducopter side. You are sure the wires are correct tx-rx and vise versa, you have the correct serial port selected and enabled? I know sometimes I have had trouble identifying what actual port I was using because of not knowing the actual arducopter port it was compared to what it was labeled on the FC.

1 Like

Wow!! That was it! Woohoo! I had changed that to 115 earlier when I was trying to get the possibly bricked first set of telem radios to work, and forgot to change it back for this other set! Thanks for taking a look at the params! This is why I love the Ardupilot community and forums. I do think @Allister 's suggestion of the BRD_ALT_CONFIG was also key here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whats up with those radios? I would imagine they arenā€™t bricked and just need some love

Yeah, the ā€œBaudā€ in the sik radio settings has to match the ground station baud rate and the SERIALx_BAUD
The ā€œAir Speedā€ has to be somewhat higher than ā€œBaudā€ to allow the sik radios some bandwidth outside the mavlink data stream for house keeping.
Those radios you have may handle higher rates for both, but maybe not much higher. It could reduce the range too, if thatā€™s important to you.

1 Like

I run mine at 115200 baud and get at least a few hundred meters on the ground and through obstructions. Pretty sure itā€™d take me beyond line of sight with the copters no problem. Nice to have a slightly faster link than the default 57600.

Iā€™ve never messed much with increasing the air data rate because I donā€™t want to kill the range. Itā€™s the air rate that will truly affect range (rather than the hardware connection baud rate). I ought to be using 128, but I canā€™t remember now if I ever changed it from the default 64.

2 Likes

Yes, theyā€™re all good now. Having never messed with the baud rate before, I had changed the radios on the Sik Radio page to 115200 and then was trying to connect to them with the upper RH corner drop down in MP at 57600, which didnā€™t work, now I know why. Once I tried the upper RH drop down at 115200, no problem! @xfacta thanks for those tips - very helpful knowledge, Iā€™m still trying to learn more about the telemetry ā€œsystemā€ @Yuri_Rage Thatā€™s good to know as well - I was curious about how much the baud rate would affect the range - I normally fly in a wide open field without any obstructions, though there is some RF interference around, Iā€™ll have to test the link there at the higher baud rate, a bit of a speed increase over 57600 would be very nice - thatā€™s interesting about the air data rate too - why would you ā€œought to be using 128ā€ instead of the default?

If using 115 baud rate, you should set 128 or higher for Air Speed
Oh, and Max Window 80ms

2 Likes

Ah, this goes back to your earlier comment about making the air speed higher than the baud rate for that extra bandwidth - that makes sense. Thanks!