Other ground stations not working?

according to the wiki,

live video can be viewed through a SkyRocket app (Mission Planner video support coming soon)

Yea, I think that’s understood it’s showing the video in the embedded window in Tower that is in question. This is supposed to work in Mission Planner also thru a VLC link but while I have it working in the VLC App I get errors in Mission Planner when I try to enable it thru the Cntrl-F>VLC menu

Don’t know the errors you are getting, but make sure you use the 32 bit version of VLC. I couldn’t display either via Cntrl-F>VLC menu when I was using VLC 64 bit.

Thank you, that’s probably it.

OK…thanks for that. Hopefully this will become available in a future firmware update.

Any problems with say having the stock SV viewer AND the Tower app connected to the drone at the same time and flying a mission?

That actually does appear to work if you start the SV App 1st and then connect to Tower. There is a bit a delay in the video when switching from Tower to the SV App and if you are in the SV App you won’t get Tower Audio messages. One thread at a time.

Thought I would give QgroundControl a try here. But even after selecting the RTSP stream address that works for VLC its a no go. It connects to the FC OK but all I see is “Waiting for video” in the flight screen. Maybe someone with more familiarity with QGC can comment about that.

Of course, we could always invest in the brand new, dual monitor, sky viper controller Mk. II.

1 Like

lol That’s awesome! Although, i’d prefer a mount for a 7" tablet.

@dkemxr Try rtsp://192.168.99.1:554/media/stream2

Regards
Mirko