Osx woes solved?

a few months ago, I switched to a pc laptop when my mavericks update rendered my mavlink inoperable. I was wondering if any progress has been made on the mac front regarding this issue?

try the beta release 2.0.16-rc3 here firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/

Hi,
Looks like I’m having the same or similar problem. I updated my Planner to 2.0.15 and now I’m not able to connect to my Pixhawk by USB or radio. With 2.0.9 it worked.

APM Planner freezes as soon as I click the connect button.

I’m on OSX 10.9.5.

I tried the latest beta and daily build, too.

And idea what I could try?

thanks a lot

Did you try 2.0.16-rc3

yes and it also just hangs as soon i click “connect” i tried 2.0.15 on windows, and that worked without any problem. but I have no windows notebook :frowning:

do you have it working on mac?

Yes. It works for me. Try deleting the ~/.config/com.diydrones/ folder which holds the settings

thank you for this, did not know where the configs are. I deleted it, reinstalled APM Planner, but unfortunately it did not work either.

I just reinstalled 2.0.9 and this works! so it really is something in the new version. and I would be so nice to have the latest version running :frowning:

thank you for this, did not know where the configs are. I deleted it, reinstalled APM Planner, but unfortunately it did not work either.

I just reinstalled 2.0.9 and this works! so it really is something in the new version. and I would be so nice to have the latest version running :frowning:[/quote]

Has anyone got any luck so far? I’m in the same situation but have no pc…

Would it work if I run the windows version of APM on Bootcamp or VMware or a pc emulator?
Has anyone tried this?

[color=#FF0000]APM 2.0.16 + Yosemite + HKMega2.7 does not connect.[/color]

I’m trying to install VMware in combination with an IE emulator on Windows later tonight on my Mac. Keep you posted.

Try installing Arduino drivers. I tested APM2.6 today and it connected without issue. OSX 10.10

I’m also on OSX 10.9.5 and APM-Planner 2.0.15 and it works with USB and 3DR Radios.
I have also installed the FTDI Drivers and because I have also some Arduinos I have also the Arduino Driver installed.

Ok, I can confirm that 2.0.17 Version does work again on my mac now. I had no chance to get 2.0.15 running though.

firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APM … 17_osx.dmg

Oh maybe that was posted too early:

• 2.0.17 does connect, and read stuff from UAV
  • i doesn’t no save settings correctly
  • after compass calibration, next reconnect it says “compass not calibrated”
  • ACCEL calibration does not work (press any key is not doing anything)

too bad we have no working version for mac anymore :frowning:

you can download any of the previous version from firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/APMPlanner/

Can you post more info about your setup, since 2.0.17 seems to be working for me.

It’s quite strange. Currently things seems to be working again in 2.0.17:
accel calibration works sometimes, but sometimes it doesn’t show the “continue” button after I press “accel calibration”. but after a few Planner restarts it worked.

compass is working now, this was really my mistake. I connected the compass incorrectly to CAN instead of i2c :frowning:

the problem that settings were not saved went away after a planner restart, pixhawk power cycle, re-install of latest stable firmware and then loaded default params.

the only problem left so far is that my 3dr radios are not working anymore in 2.0.17, i can press connect but then it just does nothing. i’ve a pair of hobbyking clones of the 433mhz 3dr radios, those are working fine.
I can’t even read the settings of the 3drs in APM Planner anymore… but they were working in 2.0.9 planner, which does not connect to the new firmware on the pixhawk though.

anyway, I guess Planner 2.0.17 is working as expected.

I just tested there 3DR radios and they also work as expected. Just check that the baud rates are set 57600 before connecting

Ok, update on this: I have the radios working agin, but I don’t know why :smiley:

• the hobbyking 3dr worked without any problem in 2.0.17
  • the 3dr did not, i could not even read settings in 3dr setup of APM planner
  • so i tried 2.0.9 planner and they worked. so i changed them to same netID as the hobby king clones.
  • tried the hobby king clone on my mac with the 3dr on the UAV - did not work, not able to connect
  • gave up and was flying a round with my UAV
  • connected by USB cable, disconnected battery (so it has still power), connected via radio (hobby king clone) - WORKS!
  • totally confused i disconnected HK clone, connect 3dr to usb and connected to UAV - worked
  • reconnect only with battery and radio - works
    wtf? =) any ideas?

sorry guys nothing works, not 2.0.17 nor 2.0.9. Nothing seems to connect to the board…I’m out of ideas here other than to buy a new board or a pc instead of the mac…euhm :wink:

@ziisco no idea, but if it’s now all working, great? :slight_smile:
@filoudebruxelles I think you have a broken board, let’s follow that progress in the other thread