OSD - backward pointing home arrow

Hello:

I’ve been working up a new AC4.2.1 configuraton of a Walksnail HD video transmitter and Fat Shark goggles.

The OSD is working, being output on Telem1 to the Walksnail VTX.

One OSD display item is OSD1_Home. It is a home pointing arrow and home distance.

I find the home arrow is backward.

Example:

I fly down our street to my left. The arrow points toward the nose. I stop 100yds away, yaw turn back toward our house and the arrow dutifully rotates around to the tail.

I fly back past the house to the left(house to the right), and the arrow does point at the house, in the correct direction, as I pass by and the arrow continues around until on the nose again, once I’m past the house

While on the OSD subject, the THR dsplay item is about 50% low. With a mid radio THR, OSD1_Throttle shows 21%.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Bump for the same issue.

Have exactly the same issue with HDZero on a plane using ardupilot.

A .bin log would be handy.

Anyone able to solve this? I have the same issue. Is this font related?

Home arrow left/right works correct, but the forward/backwards direction is reversed. The same goes for the ground speed arrow.

I have the exact same issue with my DJI 03 air unit and goggles. Home arrow is backwards. This has to be affecting a lot of users, I am surprised no one has fixed this by now.

I can confirm the issue on Walksnail system. Forward/backward direction is inverted. Left/Right orientation is correct. Same issue is valid for Wind direction!

EDIT: The issue is present when MSP_OPTIONS is set to 4 (enable BTFLFonts) and when using BF Fonts in googles.

Workaround working for me: Set MSP_OPTIONS to 0 and load Ardupilot fonts to googles, like SNEAKY_FPV_ARDU_WS_FONT_v1.4.1. The downside: I need to manually switch the font in google settings when switching BF/Ardupilot flight controller.

I have the same issue with DJI O3 with V2 Goggles running 4.3.7. Know if there is a fix for this yet?

I run DJI O3 and Goggles V2 (both running latest firmware) and have no issue with direction of the arrows…
MSP_OPTIONS = 4
OSD_OPTIONS=33
OSD_TYPE=5
SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 42

you need 4.4 or later to have the translate arrows option code

EDIT: this was missed in the 4.4 release! trying to get it backported…for now you need to use “latest” to get this translation feature…sorry
UPDATE: now on 4.4.2 release schedule in a few weeks

Does it also influence wind direction arrow? It seems to be also reversed.

I am seeing this on Arduplane 4.5Dev also. DJI Vista.

It shows the distance to home correctly increasing/decreasing as you fly toward/away, but the arrow is point at the wrong direction.