Optitrack with Quadplane?

Hi all,

I see the in the Copter Wiki Optitrack for Non-GPS Navigation — Copter documentation instructions on how to use optitrack. Can I follow the same document for a tailsitter? Is this functionality supported?

I suspect the Optitrack could be impleted for a quad plane.

I have tried to setup Optitrack with just standard quad copters and there are some details missing from that guide and I have never gotten the system to work for loiter or position hold.
@chobitsfan Can you advise?

You must Use motive 2.x or older, Motive 3.x is currently not supported.

Once you load the optitrack module you must use the command " optitrack start" then you should see the information about positioning.

Tristan.

2 Likes

Once you load the optitrack module you must use the command " optitrack start" then you should see the information about positioning.

Yes, I forget to mention this command in the wiki. I will fix it. Thank you very much @Tristan_Redish

Could you provide more detail or dataflash logs? Thank you

I have followed the steps from the document (+ “optitrack start”) but could not get it working. @chobitsfan any recommendations will be very helpful! I am using latest Arduplane and my platform is a tailsitter.
Below are some things I noticed plus some questions.

1. VISO_POS_M_NSE and VISO_YAW_M_NSE are not present in Arduplane. Is this causing any problem?
  2. As the last step the guide states “Save and build the project”. What does that mean?
  3. As soon as I complete all the steps from mavproxy, can I exit and connect from MissionPlaner or is it mandatory to continue working from mavproxy?

I did not try QLOITER yet, I just tried to see my vehicle’s position as this is measured from optitrack. This is a small log (vehicle does nothing, just sits in a certain place). test.bin - Google Drive

As the last step the guide states “Save and build the project”. What does that mean?

That is a mistake on docs. I have corrected it. you need to use
optitrack start
to start sending data to vehicle

is it mandatory to continue working from mavproxy?

Yes

@chobitsfan Can you please see topic Battery failsafe crash from "Land" function (log is there)

When the copter tries to “land” it start to roll and yaw incorrectly to not land straight down.

It also will not hold position correctly when in Loiter.

If you have any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

@chobitsfan when entering command optitrack start I receive the following error:

optitrack [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas?

• I use Motive:Tracker 2.2.0
  • I have followed all the steps from the doc.
  • Using the SDK provided by optitrack, I get data to my pc so that rules out the possibility of wrong connections etc.

EDIT
UFW is disabled in Ubuntu.

@ntouev How did you install Mavproxy?

Can you set the obj_id before the start command?