Open Source French Drone Identification

y’a plus qu’à faire les specs !

1 Like

Si tu souhaites faire une antenne RTK pour des GCPs, tu as plutôt intérêt à moyenner sur plusieurs 10ène de secondes si tu veux augmenter ta précision et non prendre un valeur à un instant T.

1 Like

Dear dev01fred,
the last weeks I learned a lot new stuff about the “balise”, programming, …
Meanwhile I made a few beacons. I used the ESP01 with the BN-220 and I loaded your code I found on GitHub (many thanks for all the effort!).
To check if the beacon is working I tried to use my FRSky Taranis D9+.
I installed the necessary files to my radio but after selecting the GPSViewerX9 in the TOOLS menu, I get following message:
“Script syntax error
?:0
attempt to index a nil value”

Could you imagine what is going on?
Thanks in advance!

Regardez mon dernier post de blog, ça devrait vous intéresser :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

tu as le lien ? @khancyr ^^

The project is designed to work with the ESP8266 D1 mini, a lot of tweaks are necessary to run on an ESP01.
In the D1 mini context, the 1st step is discovering sensors; you should see ID 0860 to 0890 and GPS.
Step 2: rename all IDs:
0860->HDOP with accuracy 0.00
0870->SAT
0880->STAT
0890->VMAX with accuracy 0.00
Step3: Configuring the DISPLAY/Screen page with GPSx9 script-> you should see the telemetry page with all values
Step4: if you have acummulated GPS positions you can display the track with GPSViewerX9, I guess you have this error because you have no trace in LOGS/GPSpositions.txt, the file is simply empty.

hi guys !
i need your help (again ^^’) , i bougth a m9n gps to have better performances.
The gps is verry cool with a great fix but i don’t know why, i have only 12 satellites.
I know with this model that when we up the rate, the fix satellite is reduce (16 sats for 10hz, 12 for 20hz), but even when i test it with 5hz or 1hz, i have 12 satellites.
any idea ? anyone have this model ?
(work’s great with the balise id code :wink: ).
thx guys !

Thanks for the response.
I couldn’t manage it to get it working…
I ordered the ESP8266 D1 mimi and will give it a new try.

Hi Fred,
I build the version with ESP8266D1.
The project GPS_Tracker_ESP8266V1_WEB_FRSKY_OTA is working fine. Thanks for all the effort!
I also tried the project GPS_Tracker_ESP8266V1_MAP but I get following error message during compilation: WebSocketsServer.h: No such file or directory
Could it be possible that this wile is missing?
Thanks in advance

You just need to install the library Websockets from Tools->Manage Libraries

Capture

Hi Fred, thanks for the fast response!
Probably again something very stupid, but now I get following issue:

It’s my fault; I have updated GPS_Tracker_ESP8266V1_MAP, the compilation should work.

May be you have not translated in english my note on this project : This project is not recommended, it does not keep its promises; the range of the beacon and the sampling frequency of the GPS positions are very insufficient.

The best is to use FRSKY telemetry to get reliable a gps track

Bonjour à tous!

Tout d’abord bravo pour le travail accompli, je viens de me procurer un drone fait maison de plus de 800gr et j’ai été ravi de découvrir qu’on pouvait créer une balise avec quelques composants.
Avant de me lancer dans la réalisation d’un de ces modèles avec l’aide des différents projets existants, je voulais savoir si quelqu’un avait déjà envisagé d’utiliser le même module esp pour créer une balise identification mais aussi pour faire de la télémétrie wifi entre un arducopter (pixhawk dans mon cas) et une GCS?
Merci d’avance

Ghjaseppu

Fred, sorry I overlooked the comment and will follow your advise. I will give it a try with the FRSKY telemetry. Thanks!

Check on U-center, you should change the default settings to enable multiple constellations and SBAS.

@ghjaseppu Oui, c’est possible. Sur une base de MAVESP8266, tu peux rajouter l’envoi de la trame d’identification. Par contre, ça va gener un peu la télémétrie donc vaut mieux ne pas de servir du control avec joystick en même temps que la trame d’identification. Je n’ai pas fait de benchmark, mais comme ça prend quand même pas mal de temps sur la trame wifi, c’est plus sur.

Merci beaucoup! Je commande le drone avec une télécommande Flysky donc ca devrait pas poser problème.
Aurais tu un lien pour un source modifié? Je ne connais pas encore Platformio mais je vais m’y mettre lol.

Salut Fred,

Je suis aussi sur un projet de balise a base d’ESP01S avec la trame FrSkySport.

Pour la partie Balise DGAC, ça semble O.K, par contre je n’arrive pas a configurer la sortie de l’ESP01S pour envoyer la trame au recepteur FrSky.ce

Peux-tu m’aider a configurer cette fonction ?

Merci d’avance.
Chris

Bonjour Chris,
Tu pourrais partir du projet
GPS_Tracker_ESP8266/GPS_Tracker_ESP8266V1_WEB_FRSKY_OTA at main · dev-fred/GPS_Tracker_ESP8266 (github.com)
et appliquer les modifications données à la fin pour l’utiliser sur un ESP01S :
Dans la cas d’un ESP01, modifier le fichier ino de la façon suivante:

Pour le GPS :

1. #define GPS_RX_PIN 0 // (PIN 5)D1 Brancher le fil Tx du GPS : ESP01 PIN 0 GPIO0 Brancher le fil Tx du GPS
  2. #define GPS_TX_PIN 2 // (PIN 4)D2 Brancher le fil Rx du GPS : ESP01 PIN 2 GPIO2 Brancher le fil Rx du GPS

Pour la télémétrie :

1. #define SPORT_PIN FrSkySportSingleWireSerial::SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_3 //frsky sport D8 : ESP01 PIN 3 GPIO3 Brancher le fil Sport du récepteur Frsky
  2. Il faut également insérer ,SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_3 = 3 à la ligne 40 du fichier libraries/FrSkySportTelemetry/FrSkySportSingleWireSerial.h :

#elif defined(ESP8266) enum SerialId { SERIAL_EXTINV = EXTINV_FLAG | 0, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_3 = 3, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_4 = 4, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_D2 = 4, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_5 = 5, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_D1 = 5, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_12 = 12, SOFT_SERIAL_PIN_D6 = 12,

Hello,
Whaou, quelle réactivité et quelle précision.
Je teste tout ça dès demain !
Merci beaucoup.
Bonne soirée…
Chris.