Omnibus Nano 6.1 bricked and rx not working

THANK YOU!!! The bigger set means HD Tx/Rx, right?

Yes

More words here because

My issue is that once bridged the pads the FC enters in DFU mode but the drivers are missing and my pc don’t recognize the DFU mode. So i cannot flash anything.
I tried the Driver Fixer (working if flashed with INAV or BF) but now don’t recognize the board in “normal” mode and cannot fix the drivers.
Bricked.

Hi Finnigan.

Do I understand you right, you want to flash from AP 4.0.7 to AP development master 4.10?

Here are two screenshots from doing so on QGC.

Disconnect BT here and power off. Connect direct via USB and flash 4.10.

Easy like that …

But I have to admit, I am on Linux. No hassle.

br

Have to admit, tried it under WIN 10 and had some difficulties myself.

First with zadig installed winUSB driver for Omnibus Nano v6.

Now in WIN device manager an add. USB device ‘omnibus nano’ showed up, BUT the com port was missing. So no connection.

So had a closer look at that ‘omnibus nano’ entry in device manager. Told me, something is missing, so I did an update on it and this entry vanished and additional COM port ArduPilot showed up, No it is also working under WIN 10.

br

No, i already have the latest version installed, simply i cannot flash another firmware like BF or Inav

OK.

Activated BOOT

Connected to my LINUX machine

~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046a:b092 Cherry GmbH
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0483:df11 STMicroelectronics STM Device in DFU Mode
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046a:b090 Cherry GmbH Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Started INAV 2.5 and selected FireworksV2 as recommended

Ready for flashing

And this is the same situation here under WIN 10

I am not going to flash the FC, because I don’t want INAV on it.

To your problem Finnigan I would say. OK, so your Nano is bricked, or you are using a faulty USB cable or maybe your computer is not working/not set up as expected. With the few information, you are giving, I can not say more …

Good luck and br.

1 Like

I’m on Arducopter again, i have compass issues:

As the message says.

• Firmware not working correctly with QGC.

(What firmware ver. are you using and what QGC version??)

or

• Firmware bug.

br

Update GQC. The Daily build would be the best choice.

1 Like

Well:
the firmware is the latest stable version, flashed through the latest QGC version for windows (i cannot flash with MP or APM planner)

Then ignore that message. The version of Ardupilot you are using doesn’t have that parameter name. It’s not really a bug or an issue just differences in how QGC interacts with Ardupilot firmware. QGC is PX4’s native Ground Station and Mission planner is Ardupilot’s native Ground station. Obviously they can interact but there are delays in development.

Daily QGC builds here:
https://docs.qgroundcontrol.com/master/en/releases/daily_builds.html

many thanks, my friend: i’m testing these 3 different “ground stations” and this is my first Ardubuild.
My problem is that the FC doesn’t detect the compass (Integrated: Beitian BN.880).
I also tried to swap the TX-RX wires but doesn’t work.
i followed this diagram…

…after setting BRD_ALT_CONFIG = 1

I’m concerned.

Tx/Rx wouldn’t fix the compass it’s I2C so it would be the SCL/SDA pins to reverse.

yes scl-sda pins…

@FINNIGAN
what BRD_OPTION = 1 does is move the I2C2 SCL / SDA pins to be RX3 / TX3 instead as marked below:

from your diagram it doesn’t look like you’re actually using them at all, that setting won’t hurt though :wink:

could you be a little more specific about what exactly isn’t found: is it the magnetometer or is it the GPS (or both)?

maybe post a dump of your currently used parameters for us to look at.

cheers, basti.

With that BN 880, I would test the compass part (5V, GND, SCL, SDA) with an arduino. Just run a I2C scanner to see the compass responding and verify the sensor HMC5883 or QMC5883. There are sketches around, for testing compass function.

Same goes for the GPS module (5V, GND, RX, TX). USB UART and ublox u-center to verify the GPS function.

br

Hi there and thanks for your time: i set BRD_OPTION 1, and i used the PPm and PB9 pads for the compass (i need the TX3-RX3 for the Runcam on-off switch) but nothing happens. The GPS works without issues.

Another question:can i use this alternative configuration in another firmware (INAV) or i must use the default one with TX3 RX3 for the compass?
Thanks, as always

I am using the Nano her in the same configuration.
BRD_OPTION 1 set
TX/RX 3 for BT module (arrow left)
QMC5883 compass (arrow right)

So check your wiring, post the parameters, check compass function …

br

Well: same configuration but my compass doesn’t work if connected to ppm-pb9 pins.
The GPS blue led keep blinking.
I cannot check the compass function but i will check the weldings on the board and the wiring as well.
Which parameters should i post?