So i’ve bought a couple of new components of of AliExpress to make the transition from 2.4Ghz to 868Mhz via FrSky R9 modules.
- Jumper T18 Pro
- Omnibus F4 Pro V3
- FrSky R9 Slim+ (flashed with the ACCST Flex firmware)
- Yaapu Telemetry cable
The idea was to use Yaapu script on the Jumper T18 to receive telemetry information (via Smartport) but i stranded half way. Forget about telemetry right now, since i can’t even get SBUS working
This board (Omnibus) was first setup to use PPM (pad soldered and diode removed). I’ve re-soldered the pad so that it now is in SBUS mode.
From the documentation that I’ve read i learned:
- Omnibus F4 has an uninverted SBUS connection
- FrSky R9 Slim+ SBUS out is uninverted as well
So connected it all up, but no dice. In the radio tab of Qgroundcontrol no input from the radio.
Some more information which might be relevant
- Jumper bonded successfully to the R9 Slim+. Although it seems to lose connection a lot. (green flashing: connection normal. red flashing: connection lost) Switches from approximately 50% green to 50% red
- Connected several other wires to the Omnibus SBUS port to test out if that worked. The inverted SBUS and the SBUS In wires from the R9 Slim+. No success.
I’m obviously overseeing something. Or the board is broken.
Are there any debugging options available since i don’t know what my next step should be at this point.