Old spare parts build 3DR apm2.6 and ubloxneo-6m

Hello all first post, I have searched and searched and only found that this is an issue. Has anyone been able to get the compass to work on an old ubloxneo-6m with compass. I can get the GPS to function but no luck on the compass.
Compass 1 error 99
I have literally tried all solutions i have read. It is a 3DR 2.6.1 APM. It has NO internal compass. I know it is old hardware but it does fly very well. I would like to get the external compass to work.
I have tried the I2C port.
using Old GPS port
Solder JP2
Solder JP4
My 7M worked on the I2C port
Somebody must have resolved this since the problem has been present since 2014.
I have swapped the SDA and SCL around
I see UART solder pads but I know the I2C port works. Is it simply just not going to work 6M?
Thanks all!
I do see two solder pads on the PCB that say MAG. they are not connected. Should I connect them?

OMG are you kidding me!!! Solved!! the PCB has TWO rows of THREE solder pads for UART 0 and UART 2. I desoldered the pads JUST BECAUSE and BAM!! Compass works. What in the hell does UART have to do with I2C? Nothing, they to completely different protocols. Whatever.
SO THE FIX IS NOTHING TO DO WITH I2C. MAKE SURE THE UART PADS ARE NOT CONNECTED. I hope this helps somebody because I have not seen this anywhere. I honestly can not believe it. Does anyone know what the UART pads would have to do with the I2C port?