Old APM 2.x FW3.4.0

A very good day to everyone,

What an awesome community. I have been using the www and related since I bought my FC.
I got my, then, brand new APM 2 FC as soon as it became available in Durban South Africa just to find out that version 2.5 is on its way.
Any case. I went through a long depression, however I have been trying for a few months now to familiarize myself with what is available. With not having had a paying job since late 2017, it is impossible to get new gear Lots of electronic modules no longer work. I built a few now with parts quantities forcing me to the autopilot apm 2.0 on using 1 or two motors set.

My request for assistance please.

1. I can not seem to find out if ardupilot 3.4.0 plane supports non vectored tailsitter.

If it does could someone please direct me into the right direction.
My level of coding is near to zero although I have done some basic arduino sketches.

1. Is it at all possible to take a newer (fw that does not fit on APM2) code and remove everything not needed in a tailsitter?

I do hope that you didn’t stop reading before the first sentence ended.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

GertF

1. No
  2. I don’t think so.

3_8_0

Thank you dkemxr for your reply and information supplied.

It’s sad however, I do understand that development can’t progress in a forward direction if fb and fw can’t be improved on.

My above question were out of desperation to get something that can fly excluding a single prop plane as I have never before had one.

All the best to everyone out there.

This is truly a great, helpful community.

Happy flying

GertF