Odd Motor Issue

I recently purchased one of 3DR’s Y6 DIY kits (apparently right before they were discontinued). I’ve been setting up the motors, following the instructions. From the packaged instructions I’m using the Y6A setup (as opposed to the newer Y6B http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/connecting-your-rc-input-and-motors/).

Here is where I am having an odd problem. I plugged the ESCs into the power distribution board and APM using the Y6A format ( M1 = bottom right, M2 = top left, etc… ) and on my APM I have FRAME=1 (X,Y6A, …). I ran the motor test to make sure the order was correct and they spun in the order of the Y6B motors (M1 = top right, M2 = bottom right, etc). I switched FRAME=10 on my apm ( Y6B configuration), and the motors then spun in the order of the Y6A motor configuration.

I’m pretty confused and unsure of how to debug this. I’ve double checked my ESC order, and they are in the Y6A motor order on the distribution board and APM. If anyone has any ideas on how to go about debugging this, I would be very grateful.

Try updating the firmware to the recent 3.1.4
Also, make sure you’re running the latest version of mission planner; in case of a bug it would have been corrected by now. Try this and post results when you get a chance.