Obstacle avoidance help me

Hi everyone. Write here for the first time.
Currently, I’m a beginner and I’m aiming for rover’s autonomous driving.
However, I am facing various problems in progress.

One of the problems is that the sonar sensor responds in manual mode but The sonar sensor is not recognized in auto mode.
I’ve tried using the parameter values ​​of Dodge Avoidance and simple Avoidance described in the Ardupilot, but It didn’t stop or avoid them in front of the obstacles.
As a beginner I can’t figure out what’s wrong.
Please help me how to change parameter values

I need your help.
thank you.

I’m working on the Pixhawk 2 Cube and Lightware’s SF11.
The parameter values ​​I changed are:

RNGFND_TYPE = 7 (LightWareI2C)
RNGFND_ADDR = 102
RNGFND_SCALING = 1
RNGFND_MIN_CM = 5
RNGFND_MAX_CM = 12000

RNGFND_ORIENT = 0
PRX_TYPE = 4
AVOID_ENABLE = 7

RNGFND_DEBOUNCE = 2
RNGFND_TRIGGR_CM = 100
RNGFND_TURN_ANGL = 45
RNGFND_TURN_TIME = 1

@blueberrywaffle,

I don’t think it’s worth trying to get the “Dodge” object avoidance working. It’s never worked very well and we have a better solution coming with Rover-3.6 which should start beta testing within 2 weeks.

The vehicle should stop though before hitting things. Perhaps post a dataflash log file.

1 Like

Just a quick question. I will be more than happy to test 3.6beta. Will I need to recalibrate everything? It’s a total pain in the ass with a 20 pound boat.

@David_Boulanger,

No recalibration should be required for Rover-3.6. In general we try to automatically convert any parameters that have changed between versions although that’s not always possible. Rover-3.6 will also include a drive-it-to-calibrate-it compass calibration method although I haven’t actually tried it myself yet.

2 Likes

this is my log file.

Uploading: 2019-08-07 09-25-09.bin…

@blueberrywaffle,

The link doesn’t seem to have worked…

2019-08-07 09-25-09.log.param (13.2 KB)

is this right…?? T T