Not Writing to APM

Hello,

I have worked alot with the APM and multirotors but this is the very first time I have seen this, I am trying to save settings to the APM e.g battery option magnotometer and even flight modes but every time I Disconnect and reconnect the settings is right back to where it was mag and accel not calbrate battery options not selected and flight mode all on stabilize.

Has anyone else seen this before, I can update to different firware versions but that is how far it goes writing to the ardupilot.

Any help will be apretiated.

Kind Regards
Christiaan

@cvanvollenstee,
We need some additional information to help you troubleshoot your issue:
What version of the APM are you using?
What version of the MP are you using?
I assume that you are communicating with the APM over the USB connection.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

Hello

I am using APM 2.5
and my mission planner is 1.2.80

I have tried with USB and 3DR radio but nothing.

@cvanvollenstee,
Your problem might be that your PC’s USB port is not providing enough current to the APM so the APM’s input voltage is below 4.75vdc. The APM really needs around 5.25vdc and up to perform properly.
I suggest you try measuring the voltage going into the GPS module. If it is around 4vdc then the USB port cannot supply enough current for the APM. You might try a powered USB port to see if that will solve your issue.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

Hello,

I put my volt meter on the rails and the volts is 4.75.

And when I plug in my battery with the 3DR Power module pluged in the volts is 4.9, I tried to change a parameter and still nothing.

I installed a optical flow the other day and had to cut the 5 volt rails and solder the 3 volts, could this be the problem?

@cvanvollenstee,
If your APM started not writing parameter changes after you made changes to the 5v and 3.3v rails, then that could possibly be the problem. You might want to review the cuts and jumpers that you made.
The 4.75 volts using the USB connection is not good and the 4.9 using the battery is marginal. How are you powering the APM from the battery?
Regards,
TCIII Developer

I am using store.3drobotics.com/products/ap … connectors alone.

Is that enough or must a put an esc’s bec on the rails as well?

I did the modifications acording to this copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/optical-flow-sensor/

Jumper 1 is also in tact.

@cvanvollenstee,
The USB port probably cannot supply enough current with all of the modules you have on your APM. I suggest that you pull J1 and power the APM servo output rails with a separate BEC. Also, with J1 pulled, your APM might work by itself. If not try using a powered USB hub. I do and it works fine.
Regards,
TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

I ripped all the cabling off and enabled the 5v again, but nothing.

What it fixed it all is I erased the eeprom and all was sorted.

@cvanvollenstee,
Nice to hear that you fixed your write issue. I will have to remember that trick if all else fails!:slight_smile:
Regards,
TCIII ArduRover2 Developer