Not able to flash arduplane on matek F405-Wing

Hello, I recently received my matek f405 wing board and tried to upload arduplane on it, I used both betaflight configurator and the I-Nav configurator and both have the same issue.
When trying to upload the local firmware, it goes into rebooting to ROM bootloader and then the board makes the disconnect sound and then it propts failed to open the serial port.

How can I fix this, and what other ways can I try to flash the firmware

do you have any peripherals connected to the FC?
press boot button while plugging the board into your computer to get it into DFU mode and try to flash again with the bl.hex file.

no, nothing is connected or soldered on the board, I tried pressing the DFU button but then the PC does not see the board as being connected

It probably does show its connected as Universal Serial Bus Devices>STM32 BOOTLOADER.

You can’t flash it unless you are in DFU mode.

yeah when DFU is pressed in the PC it.s as STM32 BOOTLOADER but can’t select it in betaflight or i-nav, it doesn.t even show only the manual selection option is available and nothing is shown

Use STM32CubeProgrammer
Flashing Ardupilot

Or use dfu-util to flash the bootloader and then Mission Planner to flash Ardupilot firmware.

1 Like

download Zadig https://zadig.akeo.ie/
when you have STM32 BOOTLOADER visible in Device Manager, open Zadig, click Options, List all devices, select STM32 BOOTLOADER, click to upgrade driver, after that with the FC still in DFU mode use INAV configurator to flash the bl.hex on the FC.

Thank you so much, this fixed it and I was able to flash the firmware on the board.