Not able to enter terminal link in 2.0

Whenever I try to connect in the terminal window, both in OSX and W7, I get this endless stream of characters. Hitting enter 3 times does no good. It happens to both of my fc’s. I need to be able to dl logs. Terminal works fine in MP 1.2.99, but I prefer 2.0. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry

Please search through previous posts before asking a question. You may find the answer you are looking for.

The answer is that APM only allows you to start a Terminal connection in the first 30seconds of power on. This is to avoid accidental terminal activation while in the air.

Believe me Bill, I’ve looked through multiple forums. I’m well aware of needing to enter terminal within 30 seconds. That’s not making a difference. In fact I thought it was within 20 secs. As I stated it’s working in 1.2.99, and it used to work in 2.0. I’ve tried plugging in the board before opening MP, after opening, always within 20 secs. It used to work on both quads, now it works on neither. Maybe it’s just time for a clean install. Any other thoughts before I do that would be appreciated.

I’m not sure what happened to my reply. It’s not the 30 second issue, as a matter of fact I just tried several times with the longest being 8.8 seconds and same results. Any other suggestions? I know it was working before I updated to 3.1.2 on the APM 2.5. Could that have something to do with it? Or should I just try a reinstall?

Thanks,
Barry

The first 2 posts of every new user have to be manually approved by a moderator. Opposite to common opinion, we do sometimes sleep :smiley:, so this approval is not always instantly :wink:.

No problem Stefan. I saw that notice on the 2nd post, but it didn’t show on the first. Anyway, I tried multiple erase/reset sequences last night to see if going back to 3.1 would work or installing firmware from 2.0. No luck. 1.2.99 works every time, 2.0 not at all. As I stated, I know about the 30 sec time frame. Are there any other known issues that cause this? Possibly a baud mismatch? Just grasping at straws.
Could someone possibly post the exact sequence they use to enter terminal mode in case I’m missing something? I’ve tried multiple ways, but it’s entirely possible, probably likely, it’s user error.

Thanks,
Barry

Update. I tried a brand new APM, no luck. So I installed 2.0 on my graphics workstation and voila! All 3 APMs connect to terminal flawlessly. It’s just going to be a bit tough to lug that computer to the flying fields! Odd that on my laptop both in Windows 7 and OSX 10.8 it will not connect.
Bill, anything particular I should make sure gets deleted as I’m doing an uninstall/reinstall? As I stated previously I used to have no problems connecting to terminal.

Thanks,
Barry

Hm, just fishing in the dark here - have you tried connecting to your APM from your laptop with a normal terminal program? Something like HyperTerminal? That should work at 115200 baud via USB or 57600 baud via radio.
Just trying to figure out if something is maybe messed up in your laptop.

Thanks Stefan. I’ll give it a try tonight. The rest of MP works fine, just not terminal. I’ll let you know what I find.

This froum is for APM Planner 2.0, not Mission Planner. You maybe exepriencing an issue that is not related to APM Planner 2.0. If you can post the log file from $HOME/apmplanner2 that will help

Stefan, I am able to connect in HyperTerminal with no problem.
Bill, I do mean APM Planner 2.0. Sorry for being unclear.
What file extension can I post log as? I tried .txt and .pdf, neither of which were allowed.

I’m seeing the same behavior on APM Planner 2.0.8 and Mac OS X 10.9.2

I can connect using screen at 115200 baud and see the APM output correctly.
But not through the terminal window in APM Planner.

Interestingly, I try to connect to usbmodem1411 at 115200 baud, but the status line in APM Planner terminal screen says “Connected to usbmodem1411 : baud 57600

Can’t figure out where it is getting that from. I explicitly connect at the higher speed.

I get the same baud mis-match.

Try selecting a different baud rate, then going back to 115200.