Non gps lock or compass

Hello. I’m working with cube orange plus and here3 gps. What i have figured out so far is if load arduplane on my flight controller, gps works and i’m able to calibrate compasses no problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

I forgot to mention that i’m using the latest version of arducopter for helis.

Set BRD_BOOT_DELAY,3000 and see if that helps

The boot delay had no effect.

Set LOG_DISARMED,1 to gather a .bin log file and upload it to a file-sharing service and provide the link to it.
Also provide a screenshot of the HW ID screen in MissionPlanner.
Set LOG_DISARMED,0 when done.

Im still working on the bin log

There is a bin file i was able to create but its too large to send. I tried using google drive to file share but it’s not taking it.

https://filebin.net/2prnbgt44wd2ct9l/2023-03-13_20-22-30.bin

There is certainly GPS data in that log.
You appear to be under cover or too close to buildings (reflections, multipathing)

I can see these road blocks:

• PreArm: Set H_COL_ANG_MIN to measured min blade pi
  • PreArm: Heli motors checks failed
  • PreArm: Collective below failsafe
  • PreArm: 3D Accel calibration needed
  • PreArm: Compass not calibrated

so there is still work to be done.

For the compass calibration, go outside and wait for a good GPS 3D Fix then do the calibration.

Thank you. yes i reloaded firmware so many times I stopped doing a complete setup till I figured out compass and GPS. I did try doing it outside but i wasn’t able to get compass calibrated or get GPS locks like i did with arduplane.

Hello. Its been a while since I followed up with my progress on this topic. For troubleshooting purposes I decided to take any possible interference out of the equation. I mounted the cube orange+ and here 3 on wood. I did a very basic setup like cube orientation and gps. I had same results as previous. Logs show 15 sats . The sat status in the logs shows (status 3) even though in the status screen menu below the hud is showing (status 0), plus no pitch or roll being displayed. No 3d fix. Compass would not calibrate. Could this be a mission planner glitch versus arducopter? The version of mission planner was an older one. i decided to update to 1.3.8 I also tried older versions of arducopter like back to 4.2 and 4.30. No luck. I should point out that this was all working fine about a month ago. I was able to get a 3d fix inside my house with no problems. 15 plus sats. Recently I deleted arducopter because of an issue i was having . I feel like thats when this all started. I tried this all out on a second cube and had the same results.
Next I removed the helicopter firmware and installed the fixed wing firmware just for the heck of it. Everything worked perfect. pitch, roll and 3 d fix all displaying. Plus calibrated compass and had accurate heading. This pretty much rules out a hardware issue. Dont really see it being a settings issue because i was getting data to the hud right away in fixed wing. it was a little screwy data because i hadnt calibrated anything yet. This bin file below is for the heli setup, not fixed wing.
https://filebin.net/5rrwy50vb7kj13q4
parameter file heli.param (17.1 KB)

I have seen some older post with similar or same issue without any sort of fix. Hoping for someone to solve this. Thanks to all that contribute.

So this issue is finally solved. I figured this out just by luck. I grabbed another laptop and installed mission planner on it. When the cube flight controller was hooked up, I was surprised to see it working normally. It got me thinking maybe it was a device driver. It may well have been. I tried uninstalling the drivers with no luck. Maybe I wasn’t installing correct drivers , who knows. After fooling around with this for a while . I finally just wiped my hard drive clean so it would install mission planner like a new PC… The process is a little different on a new PC. It asks if you want to install usb drivers versus not asking when you installed it previously. Not sure if it was the drivers or something else, but it worked. Hope this helps others.