No map shown on NeXus7 2013 (android4.3)

Hi arthur,
I love your application. However i’m still a learning student about how to use it for some basics. I do not know if they are bugs and/or me not finding how to make it work. Here the list:
-maps are not shown,never. Whatever map type i select, it only shows a grey background with a grid. I see i can zoom in or out because the grid changes but no map. This happens on all screens: flight plan, planner,etc. Bug or not ?

-on the graph screen where you can graph parameters, there are no units shown for X and Y axis. I did not find a button or another magic trick to display units. Quite frustrating as it makes this graphing feature useless. Bug or not?

-i connect using an OTG cable. But it works every two or three attempts. I mean I have to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable a few times before driodplanner sees the telemetry module connected. The only way i have found that works is by closing the app, unplugging the cable, replugging the cable and wait android proposes to launch droidplanner. Then it connects first time. Bug or android bugged OS?

do you have internet connection when trying to load maps?

Yes I do.

I know I’m promising a lot, but there is a new version being developed that will some most user interaction problems. For the moment just leave the chart screen alone :slight_smile:

About the maps problems that is odd, are you able to use google maps?

And about the Connection issues, do you experience the same problems if you use Andropilot?

[quote=“arthur”]I know I’m promising a lot, but there is a new version being developed that will some most user interaction problems. For the moment just leave the chart screen alone :slight_smile:

About the maps problems that is odd, are you able to use google maps?

And about the Connection issues, do you experience the same problems if you use Andropilot?[/quote]

I am not using andropilot…
For the USB connection issue my guess is that it is the tablet needs a disconnect/connect event to detect that something is connected.

I found the problem: in nexus you have to allow g Google to collect information about your location in the settings, otherwise droiplanner does not display the maps.

Good catch Hugues, when I finally get around to putting DroidPlanner (and Andropilot in the wiki I will definitely mention this.

Huges, very interesting. If you don’t check that setting the maps stays blank?

yes indeed.