No elevator control in cruise mode

Guys, need help.

FX61 Phantom wing, APM running arduplane 2.77. I have been using APM boards for 2yrs, both multi rotor and fixed wing.

Problem:

• Manual mode all controls operate OK,
  • Stabilize, APM corrects the elevons properly for both pitch and roll. Manual input behaves fine.
  • FBWA, similar to stabilize
  • Cruise mode, auto correction seems OK but moving the elevator stick on the radio has no effect; aileron stick works fine.

Thoughts?

[quote=“compuatic”]- Cruise mode, auto correction seems OK but moving the elevator stick on the radio has no effect; aileron stick works fine.
[/quote]
I think you’ll find it does work, but slowly. The elevator works differently in CRUISE from FBWA mode.
In FBWA mode it controls pitch, so it is very clear when you use the elevator stick. When you pull back on the elevator stick in CRUISE mode it starts climbing in proportion to the amount of stick you use, with a maximum of FBWB_CLIMB_RATE in meters/second. The climb is usually quite flat, with the APM using the throttle to increase speed to climb rather than using much pitch. This is how full size aircraft climb.
The default maximum climb rate is 2 m/s, which can be quite hard to see unless you know what to look for. Try changing FBWB_CLIMB_RATE to 10 and I think you’ll see it climb quite fast with elevator.
If it still doesn’t work for you then please post a log file.
Cheers, Tridge

Tridge, i am referring to what i see on the bench not in the air. moving the elevator stick gives zero movement on the elevons on the bench in cruise mode. My other planes planes (with APM boards) have visible elevator surface movement when i move the stick.

bench testing auto-throttle modes like CRUISE is quite difficult as the TECS integration won’t be running correctly and it won’t have vertical speed from the GPS or barometer.
If the elevator is responding correctly in FBWA mode on the bench then you should try it in flight. It really does work. I fly with cruise mode regularly while testing.
If you find it doesn’t work in a real flight then please post a log file.
Cheers, Tridge