No COM ports shown in MissionPlanner

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

In MissionPlanner no Com Ports are shown in upper right corner.
I downloaded the PX4_win_Drivers.Zip file and extracted it in Windows Download, I have two files in Zip file,
PX4flow.inf
PX4fmu.nf

how do i install the two scripts ?

I have Windows 7 64 and have no issue with com ports. When you installed Mission Planner it should have loaded those drivers. It may have showed a window looking for windows drivers on the internet which you should click on the stop looking for driver and install from local.

In device manager it should show up under com ports as PX4FMU (COMxx)

Mike

please try the drivers from here
pixhawk.org/firmware/downloads
these are the same drivers that MP includes

My problem is I can’t get the two .inf files to install in Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
In windows 7 in Device Manager doing a right click and in “Install” does work, there is no “install” option.
How do i install the two .inf files ?

Try right clicking on the inf files and you should see an install option. I’m not sure this will solve your problem, but the method is a Win7/8 standard.

In the Windows Explorer I did a right click on px4flow.inf and px4fmu.inf and told it to Install and got a error message ;

" The Inf file you selected does not support this method of installation" Boy if this does not take all.

If you open the two files you can see they are legal script files.

I even went to pixhawk.org/firmware/downloads and downloaded the Drivers from there and did a /extract/right click/install and got the the same error message ;

" The Inf file you selected does not support this method of installation"

What other way would I install the .inf files ?

I clicked on the wrong thing, this post is not SOLVED, How do I remove that from this post ?

even went to pixhawk.org/firmware/downloads and downloaded the Drivers from there and did a /extract/right click/install and got the the same error message ;

" The Inf file you selected does not support this method of installation"

What other way would I install the .inf files ?

if you don’t know how to use the inf files, please use the msi.

Well I finally got both .inf installed through Device Manager but it shows it can’t start the drivers.

In Device Manager/Ports I show ;

PX4 Flow (Com5)
PX4 Fmu (Com6)

But since drivers in Device Manager show as not starting, and I can’t see how to Start them.

And Com Ports don’t show up in Mission Planner.

Truthfully guys I haven’t worked in Windows since Windows98. a 100 years ago.