Nexus 7 Tablet Frequent Disconnects

I am getting Droidplanner 2 (DP2) to connect now on my new Nexus 7 2013 Tablet (the developer’s platform) through the OTG, though it usually takes a few tries. Once connected, I experience frequent disconnects. Sometime a simple reconnect on the GUI works. Other times I get the dreaded “Unfortunately Droidplanner has stopped” and I have to force stop DP2 and restart it, but only after disconnecting the OTG and reconnecting. Is this a Nexus unstability or DP2?? I have reloaded DP2 several times. The Nexus is running Android 4.4.4 Thoughts?

This same thing happens with my Samsung note 8.0…It occurs randomly, with OTG and bluetooth connects… DP1 nor Andropilot are affected…Dp2 performs well and the "Unfortunately …"s don’t cause any problems in the flights and the screen jumps right back to the mission when restarted… I fly with DP2 anyway, just an annoyance… I am sure Arthur is working on it for the next release…

My acer tablet does the same thing. The app just crashes. The previous version worked great. I got broke in the last update.