Newest Mission Planner 1.3.57 Build 1.3.6786.7511 - Bricked Two Pixhawks!

I have 3 genuine Pixhawk flight controllers. All were working 10 minutes ago, now only 1 is working. I upgraded Mission Planner to 1.3.57 build 1.3.6786.7511 and went to upgrade the firmware on the flight controllers. When first plugged in, I got a heartbeat and normal audio tones. I upgraded the firmware, and now I don’t get a heartbeat and can not connect them to mission planner. When I plug them in, I get a high pitched audio tone followed by 2 lower pitch audio tones. I did not upgrade the 3rd one as that one still has a heartbeat and is recognized by mission planner. I tried QGroundControl in an attempt to get them to work, and they wont connect to QGroundControl either! I think they’re bricked! What the hell?! Can anyone please help?

Ok I was able to revive them by using the “Advanced” tab in QGroundControl. I flashed Rover first, then multirotor. Looks like I’m going to have to reconfigure everything again in QGroundControl. What a pain in the ass! I don’t like that Mission Planner is not usable and bricking flight controllers, makes me lose a lot of confidence in that system!

Now that I know how to fix it, I attempted it one more time just to confirm. After the firmware update, I get the error message “no heartbeat packets received” in Mission Planner, and no matter what I try, I can’t revive it. I MUST use QGroundControl, use the “ArduPilot Flight Stack”, flash “Rover”, then reflash with “PX4 Flight Stack” and it’s fixed.