New to making drones / flight

Ive have my mavic pro almost a year and well i love it so wana make drones ect but new to it

where would i start to learn

i have fly sky fs-i6 and ordered a 10ch reciver so i can play and have extras on it
i have a APM2.6 ArduPilot Mega with gps
and 4 servos
yet to get esc’s , motors , fpv, probs

would like to make a drone more for lifting and will learn on , i love the auto pilot stuff and controling via a laptop but i dont know how would you get a like to your drone to a laptop ? i may have 3g modem on board, i do have 3d printer to make alot that i need in the frame

so where can i start info and how to , also i seen very little on battery voltage readings what can i do and not do with this controller or flight computer tryed to control servos via the apm 2.6 but couldnt , only worked direct to reciver

i know i cant spell lol

Right here.Lots of reading.Heavy lift copters are something else compared to a pocket drone like the Mavic.More like preparing a real helicopter for flight than taking out a toy to fly.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/index.html

You could also try RCGroups forums for ideas and hints.

https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-electric-multirotor-drones-790/

Do not expect the APM to perform as well as the Mavic.A Pixhawk is a better choice for flight controller.

Heavy lift copters are something else compared to a pocket drone like the Mavic.More like preparing a real helicopter for flight than taking out a toy to play with.Start small (say a 450mm frame) and work your way up.It took me two years to finish this because I needed to learn the new skills.Damn good fun.

If you want to get serious, step 1 is to upgrade your flight controller. That APM 2.6 is old 8bit hardware that is running firmware from many years ago. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a 32 bit system like a pixhawk or a cube.

1 Like

thanks guys , is pixhawk have a 3g module ? yea im looking to start biulding drones 3d print stuff , but would like hardwear to last and cant use for extra fetures later down the line long flight time would be great then go from there