New Iridium SATCOM System beySAT-LCC - Customer inputs required

If the satcom also would replace the RPI and gives a USB for LTE modem, would this be fine? SOM candidates are based on imx8m. Full size included the Iridium 9523 would be 100x40x40mm. Weight aprox. 100g.
With Docker capabilities for custom applications?

What price range for the satcom? Serious proposal please :wink:

My preference goes toward a RPi because there already a lot of stuff running on is including routing and proxying like MavProxy and others plus mission specific operations running under Python for example. So technically I want openness and accessibility to all devices I am integrating, in a word I hate BlackBoxes

As for the price, I suppose its like a stripped-down satellite telephone , around 1k$

I guess in a “room” of users and developers of an open source software, I’m probably more tolerant of black box solution. While I may be willing to get my hands dirty and learn about what makes the system work, I need a system here that is going to work with others in my team that aren’t so inclined. By the same notion, I don’t want it so closed down that there is an Apple or DJI logo on the box.

For the price … because I’m looking for a more plug&play solution I know I’m going to have to pay more for it. Air unit, ground unit, antennas, etc. $1500-2000. With the understanding that the higher that number is, the less I need to do to make work.

What do you mean with “air unit, ground unit”? You are looking to a point-to-point solution between a single satcom air unit and a satcom ground unit?

We agree here that the 2.4Kbps bidirectional is for C2 and telemetry and no video and this is ok for you?

What would be the desired price for a satcom that delivers also video? And a monthly cost for the video service?

Yes, that’s correct. A complete system for point to point functionality.

What would be the desired price for a satcom that delivers also video? And a monthly cost for the video service?

I don’t have a good answer. Will the video stream be 4K or 720p? (4K might be a little tongue-in-cheek, but I think you get the idea) Will I be able to stream video from any sensor, or will it just be from an FPV/Pi camera? Would a regular full size RPi that is onboard the drone be able to handle both the C2 and video? Or are we looking at a second parallel system? Can the video be an “add on” subscription to the main c2 data link plan?

We talk about 20Kbps to 200Kbps, so sorry, no 4K. Resolutions will varies from QCIF to D1.
It is IP based, so any video encoder can be used and yes, C2 is included.

An update on our SATCOM Solutions:

3 Likes

Can we get a plan and unit price update?

The beySAT-NB price is €1490 (OEM Version).
The plan is a little more complicated, but can advance it is a pooled plan, so you don’t need to recharge each single SIM card if you own a fleet. Just contact us using the form on the website: Contact Us - LikeAbird - Innovation Is Our Passion

The beySAT-BGAN will be available H2/23.

Here the beySAT-NB Hardware Quick Guide: https://likeabird.eu/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/2022/08/beySAT-NB_Quick-Guide_Rev01.pdf

@relaxibus congrats for this:

2 Likes