New Flight mode SITL

I have added a new flight mode in ArduCopter for testing purpose by following this: http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/apmcopter-adding-a-new-flight-mode/

Then I build it using “make sitl -j4”, which is working fine. But this new mode is still not showing in SITL (mavproxy command window) . I am still getting default modes only.

I am a newbie in this field, if I have to change anything else which is not stated in above tutorial please let me know.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you

Hi, has there been any progress on this? I am stuck in the same position.

Hi, I have left this field for a while now.

There is a workaround for this problem. You can test your new flight mode by putting the algorithm code to respective files of already existing mode. So find a mode which you will not need, keep the function names and file names of that mode same and replace the code with your new logic. The change in logic will be reflected in SITL under the existing mode name.

With this workaround I was able to complete the project so I didnt explore more.

Ok great thanks very much for the reply! That is the approach I have been taking and will continue to do it that way. Goodbye Circle mode for now…