New FC: RadioLink Mini Pix

oh, I didnt know that :slight_smile: Thanks very much.
Im going to try this today :slight_smile:

EDIT: thank you, I totally missed that:
ArduPilot: BATT_AMP_PERVOLT changing to BATT_AMP_PERVLT

Copter also works. Compiled from master for mini-pix, flashed with --upload. Connected to Mission planner, configure and calibrate manually, donā€™t use the Wizard.
Otherwise everything works.

1 Like

Hi everybody i am New here

I am reading from Spain and, Iā€™ve seen the video, thank you so much for doing such a detailed job.
I am having a problem to make the telemetry aire connection attached a photo where you can see that on the side of the Mini pix I have 6 cables and the tx side of 433mhz I have only 4
which ones should be connected and which ones should not?
thank you very much everyone for the work you do
Fendrich

from MINIPIX, you only need TX, RX, GND, VCC.
Look at this page under CONNECTORS for pinout (https://bit.ly/2Mf4nV6).

connect VCC to VCC
connect GND to GND
connect TX to RX
connect RX to TX

BTW, the cable on the right side of the picture is NOT telemerty cable, its a POWER MODULE cable (vcc, vcc, I, V, GND, GND)

Thankyou very much

I resolve the problem and made some pictures here

http://www.miliamperios.com/foro/ala-volante-tailsitter-vtol-con-minipix-de-radiolink-278688#p1385722

Thanks again 46spikey

Fendrich

1 Like

Hi All

Has anyone completed a fw build using linuxguys instructions recently? I tried on ubuntu16 but the source sub module update does not complete. Check for hwdef.dat is good but ./waf list_boards check fails with missing waf submodule then fails to connect to github when it attempts to get it.

I dare say Iā€™m not doing something correctly as Iā€™m a bit of an amateur when it comes this stuff but if anyone has any idea where Iā€™m going wrong or can direct me to more detailed instructions on building fw from source Iā€™d be much obliged.

I am also going to give the windows route a bash but itā€™s going to take a while to complete the downloads required.

Thanks

Hi

I just did this on a clean ubuntu 16.04.4 machine, and it compiles no problem

apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc-arm-none-eabi -y

git clone https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot.git
cd ardupilot
git submodule update --init --recursive
./Tools/scripts/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh

alias waf="$PWD/modules/waf/waf-light"

./waf configure --board mini-pix
./waf copter

2 Likes

Thankyou sir

Successful compile

It seems I had not set up the build environment
"sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc-arm-none-eabi -y" - this did lots of stuff

I still had some issues with source sub module update but turns out it was firewall (read IT Nazi) related. Changed to hotspot and worked a treat!

Just waiting on the controller to arrive and I should be able to build the nano then go crash it because I fail at fixed wing.

Again thanks

2 Likes

I had the same problemā€¦ thank you brothers :wink:
insha Allah will be trying this in a long range quad build

With my minimosd over mavlink, the mini pix provide the temperature but my pixhawk (on another copterā€¦) doesnā€™t provide the temperature (displays 0Ā°C).

Do you think that Mini Pix have a build-in temp sensor whereas pixhawk havenā€™t ?

If true, do you know if its possible to add external sensor to pixhawkā€¦ ?

as far as I know, temperature is read from the baro on pixhawk.

FYI this board has been added to the build server (firmware.ardupilot.org). Only ā€˜betaā€™ and ā€˜latestā€™ at present, not ā€˜stableā€™.

1 Like

IĀ“ll try to install the ā€œlatestā€ fw to see if it works. IĀ“m not sure if i want to fly anything with this FW, but as long as it installs iĀ“m happy to use it when the stable version comes(looks like that will be in 3.9.0 version)

Jorn

I tried to install the latest version from(http://firmware.ardupilot.org/) and it failed, so i had to install the RMP but skipped the driver installastion as i thought it was the same. When I connected the USB to minipix it wouldnĀ“t connect to RMP og the original MP so I copied the drivers from the original MP to the Drivers folder in RMP and it worked so I could install Radiolink 3.8.5 again.
Then I thought IĀ“d try to DL the .APJ file and install it from RMP, so I did and it worked great, but Radiolink have removed something from the code so it does not see .APJ files, but switch to All files and you see it. Then install it.
ItĀ“s kind of strange that you can install Pixhawk beta/latest(not stable) versions from the firmware site and install it in RMP and not from the original MP?

I now have version 3.9.0 in Mini Pix.

Jorn

I just installed the beta arducopter.APJ for mini pix using the official MP. While the upload was successful, it seems to have changed the device name from ā€œPX Flowā€ to ā€œArduPilot mini-pixā€. Now, windows (7) is no longer recognizing it,so i cant connect to either version of MP (radiolink or proper). It is showing up in device manager but does not have a driver associated, nor can it find one.

I tried reinstalling both the drivers from radiolink and the MP ones and no luck. It does connect properly (to all 3 apps) via telemetry radio and appears to be running properly, but Id like to reestablish usb contact. Suggestions?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

edit SOLVED!! :

ā€œIt is the RMP thats doing some strange things with the drivers. Try uninstalling all of them including MP and RMP and make sure no drivers exists in Windows forlders, eg Windows/System/drivers and reinstall it all.
Jornā€

No problems using Win10 and Genuine MP. Havenā€™t tried any updates with Genuine MP but when I use cloned Radiolink MP it tells me ā€œFirmware Already On Boardā€.
For what itā€™s worth.

For this flight control, the individual has no confidence in it. Although the price is very low, the quality cannot be guaranteed.

Moreover, some of his users use the instructions of the wiki at all, but only rely on a picture to criticize others for debugging the helicopter flight method. Moreover, once other players raise objections, they are highly targeted. Never discuss issues from a technical perspective.

So, I have a skeptical impression of the culture of this brand.

Does this mean that now this board is officially supported by the community?

Firmwares ā€œby Radiolinkā€ are available here : http://www.radiolink.com.cn/firmware