New, but learning- simple modes?

I’m new to this flight controller, but really like it so far. You developers are fantastic.

I am reading the instructions, and it says simple mode is only available for stabilize, sport, drift, and land modes. Is that still correct? I’d like to use loiter for photography, and I think it would be easier to pan and what not in loiter if it was in super simple mode. Is this something that is possible?

Thanks!

super simple won’t change panning for photos.

Please don’t take this the wrong way :slight_smile:. I would highly recommend learning to fly without these crutches, you won’t learn to get out of trouble relying on simple modes.relying on the gps modes is bad enough, you should be able to fly in stabilise fairly confindently before you put much distance between you and the copter. I appreciate at distance orientation is easily lost at range, but please learn the basics.

you will enjoy flying a lot more, you don’t want to lose your copter or camera gear if you can help it.

Another perspective: I had to follow a different path (order) to learn how to fly. After I kept easily crashing my quad in stabilize mode simply because I had to master too many simultaneous hand, eye, orientation, movements (I had never flown before), I used simple mode to eliminate one of the flying variables (orientation) so I could concentrate on the others. I just had too many cases of my yaw changing which had the quad going left/back when I was wanting right/forward. After achieving basic proficiency in simple mode, I was able to turn it off to introduce the nose-heading (yaw) component and become proficient at that (still working on it!).

Given simple mode doesn’t use the GPS, it was very reliable. I don’t know how reliable it would be indoors near metal objects which may interfere with the compass.

Note I also had to buy and practice (a lot) with a micro quad to get the basic feel. This saved me many hundreds of dollars in crash repair of my large quad!

Tim

That is a fair approach, but I was just warning its not a good idea to just rely on these crutches to enable you to fly at distance or height to enable these photos without the basic skills of flying.

You have a good point about it not being gps based necessarily though.

Very good point on practicing on something smaller. I practice and play with an ecks 310mm frame quad with a cheap kk flight controller…its had a few crashes, and no major issues…brilliant for orientation practice and for building muscle memory and hand eye coordination. Learnt more flying that for a few weeks that intimidating bigger multis. Its actually more fun than the big quad too…but they are just so useful…I am building one for aerial landscape photography and maybe get some mountain bike photos too of my mates.