Need some Help with the setup of the optical flow

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a small hexa drone, same one, where I needed tune support :wink:

6x Tiger F2203.5 KV1500
5,5" Propeller
2x T-Motor F55A ESC
Orange Cube
and a 9000mAh Lion battery

it is equipped with the Arklow. It worked fine in the beginning, but after a few changes to the copter, there are problems. It is set up so that I can switch in flight between GPS and optical flow, but when I do this in flight the drone is flying off to one side. This is also different, yesterday it was to the left during tests, today to the right.

I have therefore checked everything again according to the instructions, here you can see the test on the ground:
First Log

And in flight it was also calibrated again, this is the log of the flight where it flew off to the side again. Maybe someone here can see more than me where the problem might be. Unfortunately, I can no longer say exactly which firmware version I flew during the first tests, where there were no problems. But the profile has remained the same.

Second Log

I am grateful for any tips

Hi Christian. I recommend you first update your ARK Flow firmware. There was a bug where the optical flow driver would not output a 0,0 pixel flow reading.

80-1.14.23cf0a73.uavcan.bin.zip (266.2 KB)

Hi How to update arkflow firmware?

My quad is flying smooth and able hover initially, but after few flights it started to drift away and hard to control

Hi,

I had the same issue, also after the firmware update. I tried than the hereflow with a benewake lidar and it worked fine. So the problem seems to be the Ark flow in my case.

Hi @KH1122 you can update the firmware through the Dronecan GUI.
80-1.15.f4ebfa61.uavcan.bin (401.4 KB)

@Christian81 Do you have a new log to share?

Hello @alexklimaj

no sorry, I do not have the drone with me anymore. But can I send you the sensor for checking?

Yes send me an email and we can arrange
alex@arkelectron.com