Need help with rover arming

Rover 4.0.0 only arms with MP > flight data > actions > Arm/Disarm. Cannot arm with throttle stick or switch. Rover runs OK in manual mode when armed.

Setup is MP 1.3.70, Rover 4.0.0, Pixracer with ESP wifi, FlySky fs-i10 Tx , tests run indoors.

Re: switch setup. Set Tx switch to ch.7, calibrated radio, changed RCx_option to 41 (arm/disarm), mode set to manual, Tx momentary switch is up. If I hold switch down for any amount of time, I cannot arm.

Re: throttle switch setup. I did no setup per se. Mode set to manual. If I hold the centered throttle stick to the right for any amount of time and/or wiggle the sick about the center point, I cannot arm.

Log Analyzer shows this:
Log File C:\Users\ButchHam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp2C04.tmp.log
Size (kb) 2391.0625
No of lines 30513
Duration 0:00:28
Vehicletype ArduRover
Firmware Version V4.0.0
Firmware Hash 0e52bafa
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = NA -
Test: Brownout = UNKNOWN - No CTUN log data
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (5.02%)
Test: Dupe Log Data = FAIL - Duplicate data chunks found in log (25150 and 25711)
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = GOOD -
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.12, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Motor Balance = NA -
Test: NaNs = GOOD -
Test: OpticalFlow = FAIL - ‘FLOW_FXSCALER’ not found
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = NA -
Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
Test: Thrust = NA -
Test: VCC = UNKNOWN - No CURR log data

What did I miss? Any and all help appreciated…

New observation with same setup as above:
In manual mode, with Aileron (aka steering) stick full right, I get disarm
In manual mode, with Aileron (aka steering) stick full left, I get arm

Yet another observation with the above setup:
With simulator selected, Tx and rover powered up, SITL loaded, and HUD showing disarmed - I can roll and steer the rover.

If I go to action tab and attempt to arm, I get several “PreArm RCx min. is > trim.”

Please Help

Hi @butchalline,

It’s probably best to post a parameter file, but it sounds like the issue is the RC calibration has gone wrong somehow.

It might be good to update the mission planner to the latest official version (see MP’s help screen, down at the bottom are two buttons that allow upgrading to the latest official or latest beta version). Then re-do the RC calibration and be careful to follow the instructions. There are more instructions on the wiki here.

If that fails to resolve the problem then you may need to manually correct some RCx_TRIM and/or RCx_REVERSED parameters using the MP’s full parameter tree screen. I’d need to see a parameter file though to give further advice.

Many thanks for the response, Randy.
Here is a link to my parameter file named “Butch Rover” on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uph9jzojxni3h7g/butch%20rover.param?dl=0
Re: MP version. MP says I have the latest version (1.3.7)
Re: RC calibration. Recalibrated radio and saved but symptoms persist.
Re: RCx_TRIM. I will put this on hold pending your review.
I reviewed all Tx trims and all fall in nominal 1000 to 2000 range.
Recap of problem:
In manual mode aileron/steering stick to full right arms
In manual mode aileron/steering stick to full left disarms
Even if HUD says disarmed, I can still get full forward and reverse and steering.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

@butchalline,

Indeed it looks like the RCx_TRIM values have been set, probably because an old version of MP was used. Re-doing the RC calibration should resolve this but in any case, here are the parameters that need fixing and you can do this through the full parameter tree or full-parameter-list pages:

• RC9_TRIM, 1500
  • RC10_TRIM, 1500
  • RC11_TRIM, 1500
  • RC12_TRIM, 1500
  • RC13_TRIM, 1500
  • RC14_TRIM, 1500
  • RC15_TRIM, 1500
  • RC16_TRIM, 1500

These other parameter values have also been messed up probably because the sticks, switches or knobs were not moved during the RC calibration process. Here is a list of the messed up parameters and what they should be set to:

• RC4_MIN,1100
  • RC4_MAX,1900
  • RC5_MIN,1100
  • RC5_MAX,1900
  • RC6_MIN,1100
  • RC6_MAX,1900
  • RC7_MIN,1100
  • RC7_MAX,1900
  • RC8_MIN,1100
  • RC8_MAX,1900

The ARMING_REQUIRE parameter has been set to 0 so the vehicle will not arm/disarm I think. Try setting this to 1 which is the default.

The ARMING_RUDDER parameter has been set to 0 so arming/disarming from the steering stick should be disabled I think. You could set this to “2” (the default) to allow arming and disarming from the steering stick.

Thanks for the response,Randy.

I don’t know how these things happened, but I am just going to start all over from scratch.

Update: re-calibrated everything and set all parms to default. Steering stick no longer arms and disarms per above but…

I no longer have manual control with Tx !! Can change modes OK with switch.