Need help with Matek h743 Slim servo mapping

Hi guys,

I am with a heli project using Trex 450L air frame and Matek 743 Slim FC unit. I have no prior experience with Ardupilot or Matek FC units. I am facing difficulty mapping the servo outputs on FC unit and need your guidance. My setup details are as below:

Radio: Futaba T16SZ (16 channel)

Receiver: Futaba R7008SB, connect using SBus.

ECS: CC Phoenix EDGE50

FC: Mateksys H743 Slim + PDB: F722-PX-W

Arudupilot: V4.0.7

Mission Planner : V1.3.75

1. I would like to know how to program the ROLL, YAW, THROTTLE and PITCH outputs. I had programmed the servo 1, 2, 3, and 4 as motor 1 (33), motor 2 (34), 3 motor (34) and motor 4 (36) as per Ardupilot document. I assume the four servo outputs on the PDB should be S3, S4, S5 and S6. However, none of the servos are working on S3-S6 pins.

2. Where to connect the ESC connection?
    As per Matek PDB layout diagram ESC connection is on S1 and S2 which is for BLHeli32 compatible ESC. My CC Phoenix EDGE50 is an ordinary ESC that I wish to connect S7 or S8. Is that possible?

Parameters_H743_450L.param (20.0 KB)

Any help would be highly appreciated

Thank you,

Amal

I don’t know much abut heli, but a lot of this information is in the wiki - Traditional Helicopter — Connecting and Calibrating the System — Copter documentation - you need to load the heli firmware.

Motor1-4 == S1-4. For quads these outputs are also on the JST connector which makes 4-in-1 ESC setups convenient.

You must make sure that all the outputs in the same group are of the same type: Mateksys H743-Wing — Copter documentation

Hi,

Thank you very much for the replies. Yes, I had already loaded the heli firmware. The copter documentation does not say anything about Matek PDB board. I am lost with that information.

Traditional helicopter has one motor (ESC) and 4 servos. The 4 servos I need to connect on S3, S4, S5 and S6 pins on Matek PDB and map to channel 1, 2, 3, and 4. Next I would like to have the ESC on pin S7 or S8.

Regards,

Amal