Need Help w/ Boogie Board Rover

I have finally gotten around to tuning (or trying to tune) my boogie board rover. It has the following components:
Firmware:Ardurover 4.2.3 RC3
FC: Cube Black on mini Carrier board
Frame: 42.5" boogie board
ESC: Wraith32 BLHeli_32 35A running 39.2
Thrusters:T200
Telem: RFD900X
Radio: TX16S with DIY RFD900X module
GPS1: Here original
GPS2: Emlid Reach original
Sonar: Lowrance 000-0106-72
Companion PC: RPI 4 8gb
I have read and watched the videos about tuning the speed and throttle as well as tuning the steering and pivot steering. My problem arises when I try and learn cruise speed it fails every time I manually tried to set it based on the speed and throttle position I could tell on MP and my throttle position. I have calibrated my radio but even then I have to hold a bit of the right stick to the left to keep it going in a straight line in manual mode (Pitch stick is forward and backward/roll stick is left and right). Once I enter into acro to tune the speed and throttle it immediately goes into a spin. I have used the compass learn option on a switch to calibrate compasses which worked as advertised. Here is a short video of it in manual and then in ACRO mode. It will spin in ACRO I can get it to come out of the spin by full opposite stick deflection but it is wildly uncontrollable in acro. https://photos.app.goo.gl/S45BvAsa5TYDc7nL7

Here is a log file from yesterday of me trying a few things and mainly trying to burn my battery down once I realized I needed more help to get this to a tunable stage. I will post a param file once I get home. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I had no time to look at your log, but just because your rover works in manual mode, does not mean everything works as expected in acro mode.
Make sure the thrusters move your vehicle forward with high PWM values (>1500us)
and reverse with low PWM values (<1500us). If this means the rover does not move right in manual mode, reverse the channels in your TX or the Ardurover RC inputs.

1 Like