Need help on VTOL crash investigation

I’d like to ask for help/ hint on what happened with a Foxtech VTOL plane during autonomous landing .
This is my friend’s plane, brought from Foxtech, for mapping jobs. The plane has several hours of good flights. As he told me, the transition from level flight to stationary was ok, but during the landing descent it became unstable and kind of (controlled) crashed to the ground.
Sorry for my English, I’m Hungarian :wink:
I attach the log file as a link to my cloud storage.
http://s.go.ro/qy50m2u6

Kedves Norbert,
A haverod elkövette azt a hibát, hogy azt hitte a Foxtech kész gépeket árul. Pedig ez nem így van. Bármit amit tőlük veszel szét kell szedni atomjaira, ellenőrizni és újra összerakni, rendesen.

A logból egyértelmű, hogy az egyik motor leállt ereszkedés közben. Vagy az ESC, de inkább a motor vezetékeit vágta az üvegszál széle, mivel a foxtech nem rak védő gumigyűrűt oda ahol a motor kábele kijön a tartó gondolából.

Másrészt az is gond, hogy a gépen még mindíg 4.1dev firmware van, pedig már 4.1.6-nál járunk, a 4.1.0 még szeptemberben kijött, az első béta meg még júniusban…

In English : Loss of one motor during descent. Very likely a cut motor cable. Due to the aerodynamic nature of the plane, it did spin down relatively safely. Also worth mentioning that still using 4.1dev which is a liability. Nota bene : Never ever trust a Foxtech RTF vehicle. Strip it down, check everything and build again.

1 Like

Koszonom a velemenyt es a log file atnezest. Mondhatni, kozel a nullahoz a tudomanyom az analizisben, DE, ha egyik motor leallt volna, a gepnek nem kellett volna korbe forogni ? A log file-ban en ezt nem veszem eszre (vagy nem tudom, mit nezzek ? – yaw ? – ).
Mibol tunik ki, hogy az egyik motor leallt ? Hatha tanulok ma valamit…
Tisztelettel, Norbert.

English translate:
Thanks for the message and the log file analysis . You could say my science is close to zero in the analysis, BUT if one of the engines had stopped, the machine wouldn’t have had to turn around? I don’t notice that in the log file (or I don’t know what to look for? - yaw? -).
What shows in log that one of the engines shuts down? Maybe I’m learning something today …
Sincerely, Norbert.

Forgott az csak lassan.
A motor leállás abból látszik hogy egy az egyik motor full gázon akar menni, a vele átellenes pedig nullára leszabályoz…

1 Like

Koszi meg egyszer ! Tanultam valamit ! :love_you_gesture:
PS. Milyen program csinal ilyen grafikont ?

https://plot.ardupilot.org