Need help in Log analysis- Copter Crashed

Hello everyone, yesterday i crashed the copter into tress. It was supposed to do a autonomous mission. Due to too many failsafe i gave RTL command, it passed the landing location and crashed into trees.
The vehicle was in rtk fixed before taking off.

The flight is only till motor emergency switch is ON.
I had updated the GPS update rate to 8Hz, was this the reason for all the GPS glitches.
Also since I was using GPS+RTK, it was primary sensor in velocity xy,z as well as height.

Following is the Log file.
Log file

I have following questions

1. Failsafe_Vibe is activated even when clipping is zero and vibe values less than 20 m/s/s. Any work around to avoid this next time?
  2. Is GPS update rate of 8hz is too much? I am using GPS and Beidou only and so are the RTCM messages sent from Radio telemetry. Is there any way in mission planner where I can see what all satellites are being taken by GPS?
  3. What parameters cause EKF primary change.
  4. In my setting of primary sensor to GPS for height as well, when EKF rejects gps data during glitching, will it use baro to get height data until glitch is cleared? If not how does things proceed with EKF until I get GPS glitch cleared?
  5. IF i get EKF failsafe that is land mode is activated and after that if the failsafe is cleared will the vehicle continue to land? I have pressed RTL here because it was landing far away.
  6. Was GPS glitch and compass error the only reason this crash occurred? How can I avoid these things in future?

Please do mention if something you find out worth noticing that I have not asked explicitly.
Thank you.

1 Like

Maybe this might help GPS Failsafe and Glitch Protection — Copter documentation

1 Like

@xfacta @dkemxr can you also have a look at this please.

Set the GPS rate back to default. It was the GPS glitch that contributed to the Vibe FS. Read the Vibe Comp Wiki entry and graph the 3 parameters that trigger it.

1 Like