My X8 850mm quad self destruct - What went wrong

So, last week went for Autotune with aggressiveness of 0.09.

When It was done, I took a short test and the quad was a bit wobbly, so I decided to AT again (thought I had enough juice in the battery).

To make a long story short, here is the log Any insight appreciated.

Gal

I will have a look at the log for you Gal see if I can see anything
But the real geniuses are @xfacta @dkemxr and @wicked1 .

1 Like

I suspect that the 1st Autotune for whatever reason was bad Gal. I looked at a previous log you posted and compared it to this one. Take a look at what happened with ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX and Pitch P. Those were driven awfully low so maybe no surprise it was wobbly.

1 Like

Hi @dkemxr Dave, thanks for taking a look at this.

Wobbly wasn’t the issue. There was a battery fail safe which kicked in in my QGC (I heared it) but it doesn’t show in the logs and instead of srtl to home position where it took off, it flew 50 meters away ending its own life on the Stadium gate at 5m/s.

I simply unable to figure out this log. no vibes, nothing to indicate any problem? It even saved the gains after the crash!

Gal

So in this log the event shown here is where it accelerated and hit the gate? At 12 m/s it looks like. It shows it’s still in Autotune with some overrides from stick input. But you are right, it doesn’t show a battery FS or RTL. It didn’t reach the low volt threshold or the mah remaining.

1 Like

Exactly, simply nothing. All the errors we see is after the crash. The quad just flew like 50 meters or so and there is nothing in the log to tell us why? No rc input to do that?
Very weird

There was full roll input (RCIN 1) which rolled the craft 40° while it was still pitch twitching.

1 Like