My Quadcopter Motors not spinning simultaneously

Recently built a f450 quadcopter. When I arm it using my flysky FS i6 transmitter the motors does not spin simultaneously. I have successfully calibrated the ESC as well as my transmitter. Plz help me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for everyone. I am new in APM programming and I don’t know anything about programming so please give detailed steps if programming is needed in the APM. Detailed procedure means from starting till end and step wise. I will really appreciate your hard work.
I am attaching a YouTube link. This is not my quadcopter which is shown in the video but I am facing the same problem. I am using APM 2.8 as my flight controller. And ia6b as my reciever.

You will find in the official documentation that APM 2.8 is a discontinued board: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-autopilots.html#common-autopilots

If you want to try using it anyways, you’ll need to go get version 3.2.1 (or older) of the Copter firmware. Much of what you read about that will be outdated, so this is not recommended.

If you choose to buy a flight controller which is still in use, start your learning with the official documentation: http://ardupilot.org/copter/index.html And then please feel welcome to post questions that you have here to to these forums. You may have most success asking questions in the “Copter” sub-forum, rather than the “Hardware” (which is where this post is, right now.)

Welcome to the community!

I am using 3.2.1 firmware only. Even after that I am facing the problem. If you have a solution then please reply. Thanks in advance

I’ll do my best, but without knowing what you have already done, it is difficult. You stated that your problem is

In the video, I see all 4 motors spinning, but one of them appears to spin more slowly than the other 4. Is that what you observe as well?

Actually, I’ll go ahead and finish my thought. I hope the following test will be easy, and tell us important info:

First, reproduce the problem (1 motor spins more slowly than the others, right?)
Next, without changing anything else, physically switch the servo connector on the APM 2.8 for the problematic propeller/motor/ESC with any one of the other 3.
Finally, repeat the same test.

I expect one of your motors to spin more slowly… but which one? Does the same motor spin more slowly, or is it a new one? (presumably the one you switched connectors on the APM)

If the SAME motor spins slowly: This is a motor/ESC problem.
If a DIFFERENT motor spins slowly: There is something not configured correctly in the APM, and we can proceed to help you find it.

1 Like

Yes definitely like that

Please perform the test I described above, and let us know the results.

I have done the mentioned test and found that it is the problem with the motors or the ESC. Thanks a lot for your help and your precious time for typing this method. God bless you. Would the problem would be solved now ???

To figure out whether the problem is with the motor or the ESC, perhaps try switching two motors (but NOT the ESCs) and see what happens.

Eventually, when you find what component has a problem, I recommend replacing it before you continue trying to fly your quadcopter.

I found out that the ESC is having the problem !! Thanks again

1 Like

Motors keeps spinning at same RPM even when the throttle is zero. No mention where ever the throttle is placed it spins at a constant rpm only. Plz help urgently.Recently built a f450 quadcopter. When I arm it using my flysky FS i6 transmitter the motors start spining at a constant RPM No mention where ever the throttle is placed.I have successfully calibrated the ESC as well as my transmitter. Plz help me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for everyone. I am new in APM programming and I don’t know anything about programming so please give detailed steps if programming is needed in the APM. Detailed procedure means from starting till end and step wise. I will really appreciate your hard work.
I am attaching a YouTube video link for your ease to understand.I am using APM 2.8 as my flight controller and flashed it with 3.2.1 firmware. And ia6b as my reciever.

I don’t know how to help, I am not a Copter user. You may get better help with this issue by posting in the Copter Sub-forum. (This post is in the “Hardware” sub-forum)

1 Like