MSP DisplayPort

Ah very interesting and quite strange thanks for reporting!

I don’t think trying to copy the vtx table to the whoop board does anything, but in the meantime I don’t really understand what BluZoo meant by that…

So what happens if you try moving things around in the osd, and adding/removing elements?
Don’t know if it’s possibly but maybe one osd element may break the entire thing, or maybe it’s the specific position of an element (just an idea, I’m no coder). @yaapu
I’m also going to give that another go if I have the time.

i did move the data on the osd screen and looks like it works almost good .
I had a character missing when i moved the battery voltage but on the second atempt i slide it a litle more to the right and it was fine .Its a rainy day here in Greece and im not working so …sometime left for testing stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi, elements ony partially visible are due to the way the 30x16 text positions are placed on a 50x22 HD rows/cols screen, as you’ve found out for yourself a little care must be taken when placing things on screen.

Good morning thank you for your information.I use the TX5S.1 on a matek f405 witch i took out from a working plane…I never had image problems so i hadn’t soldered a capacitor on the battery side…I will do it next.The problem looks like the old APM 2.8 problem when you couldn’t have the characters correctly it you didn use the wtight character file…If im not mistaken it was a txt file…

Αποκτήστε το Outlook για Android

Just copy the .json on the SD card and insert it on the VRX, same thing as you’re updating the FW

After you copied the .json file on the SD card and connect your vtx on the vrx (same as you upgrading your FW)… once done, you can arrange the OSD same as you normally arranging in ardupilot

Ohhh congrats… I replied to other messages before I see this

Where is the JSON file? I’ve looked all thru the HDZero firmware files and can’t find a JSON file. And are we saying the SD card with the JSON file has to stay inserted in the receiver? Or does it get copied to the vtx (or vrx?) as if the firmware is being updated?

(I just looked again - I don’t see a JSON file.)

Thanks…

It is part of the Zip file when you downloaded the latest HDzero FW

Thanks Lui, but I’m not seeing a json file unless I don’t know what to look for, which is quite possible :slight_smile:

On the HD-Zero, under the Utilities section there is a VTX_Table.zip which contains all the .json tables
https://www.hd-zero.com/document
I still don’t get why there would be a link between a font display problem and an updated VTX table though

I just read some parts of this thread, as I’m considering getting HDZero hardware: Scout HD goggles, VTX and cam. It would be only half the price of DJI HD, much more affordable and thus very appealing.

But judging from recent posts it looks like I cannot assume flawless out-of-box operation with it yet, as it would probably be the case with DJI?

Thanks very much. Found it. Last question, where do I put the JSON file? Do I just leave it in the root directory of an inserted SD card? Or does it have to be “installed”, like during the firmware upgrade process?

Well - I’m still getting nothing. I copied the correct json file to the root directory of the micro SD, inserted it back in the VTX, and nothing happens - no OSD at all.

It’s STILL not clear to me (maybe I’m dumb), but I’m not understanding what is supposed to be done with the JSON file.

Things I’ve tried:

1. I copied the appropriate JSON file to the micro SD card and placed the card back in the video receiver.

Then I tried each of these:

1. Powered up the vtx and vrx.

Result = NO OSD.

1. Powered up the vrx with the firmware cable connected to the vtx, thinking maybe the JSON file will be copied/processed/whatever, to the vtx. As far as I can tell it wasn’t copied/processed (no indication on the video monitor). Then powered everything up normally,

Result = NO OSD.

The OSD was working fine with my Kakute F7 a few months ago. I’m not sure what broke, but it’s not working now.

@yaapu
Hi Alex
Please can I request a custom build for Matek 405-STD
I’ll be using SERIAL4 UART5
Arducopter 4.2.0 BETA

Many many thanks
Steve
:slight_smile:

Am also having problems getting an OSD to show using HD Zero.
I am trying to use it on a Diatone Roma L5, using a Matek H743 Mini. The physical setup has worked fine with iNav 4.1, but I want to try Arducopter and have been using the following setup:

ArduCopter custom build selected features:
0 “EKF3”
1 “NMEA”
2 “MSP”
3 “MSP_DISPLAYPORT”
4 “OSD”
5 “OSD_PARAM”
6 “CRSF”
7 “QUAD”
git_hash_short “08e22095a9”
In Mission Planner, shows as Arducopter v4.3.0-dev(08e22095)
Have also tried it on a firmware downloaded from Mission Planner -V4.2.0-beta3(012abfc)

1. FW verson. Vrx 39.26.46 Vtx Ver 39 - firmware 22032022.

2. Vrx: FS Scout HD (built in patches)

3. VTX-R2

4. Camera: HDZero Micro v2 in 4:3

Arducopter parameters:
OSD_Type = 5
Serial4_Protocol = 42
MSP_Option = 5 (have tried others as well, but no joy so far - the documentation seems to be lagging).

I have also tried copying the .json onto the Vtx - again I have no idea if that actually happened.

Any help or advice gratefully received, thanks, Bill

hi Alex. i have problem with no osd showing. board is Matek F765 WSE firmware is 4.1.7
hdzero freestyle 1W vtx wirh latest firmware.
tx and rx connected to uart .5 as well tried on uart 2.
i did all combinations but no sucees so far

Ignore :slight_smile: I realise now that 4.2. supports the Matek 405

BUT, whilst OSD works, I can’t get into the Shark Byte setup menu (sticks down and in) and the VRX menu says UART comms error, even though OSD works great.

I’m using
OSD TYPE - 5
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL - 42,
SERIAL4_OPTIONS - 0
SERIAL4_BAUD - 115
MSP_Option - 4
wired to RX5,TX5 as per Matek chart

Tried moving to SERIAL1, RX3/TX3, no change.

Can anybody help?
Does anybody have the stick commands working?

Thank you
Steve

I have fixed my problem - I had thought that the UART and serial were the same, but Steviegeeks’ post gave me a clue. I then found a copy of the Matek H743 manual which listed the UARTS against serial ports, so my UART4 was in fact Serial6 (intuitive!). I have got an OSD using MSP_Option 5, but will experiment to see what works best.

Hi, invert the pitch stick cause ardupilot has inverted pitch, should work :slight_smile: