Mrobotics defective GPS

I bought 2 mRo Location One GPS w/ Compass and Barometer, within one flight the compass failed. Flew the other unit and it failed as well in one flight. Contacted the company gave them flight logs, pictures even talked to a tech to see why the compass no longer showed up. Sent them back to which they found the sensors defective. They immediately blamed me that vibration or shock caused it.
The log showed no vibration that would cause a problem. They replace the parts mailed it back. I tested both units on the bench one work the other failed. The one that was working was flown, within 10 mins, it failed.
Contacted them again, they told me that maybe their product was not for me… as if I’m some amateur. I contacted the sensor manufacture and showed them pictures provided to me by Mro, they told me it was a manufacturing defect.
Mro got the 2 units I sent back I had to email them after they had it for 3 days to which they got back and claimed I attempted to that the sensors of which I did not.
I sent the following email-
This is really turning into a nightmare… Obviously it was damaged in shipping, I sent it back packaged not any better than how it was sent to me. I have been in the manufacture and retail business myself for over 15 years this is getting bizarre. I like how the video does not unveil the unit that was damaged? At this point, I guess I just want my money back, the service I have gotten is just sad.

I’m in the business of UAV manufacturing, I’m not a hobbyist. Based on the manufacturer PNI, they identified a manufacturing defect. We carefully detailed and even had a call with David to diagnose the original units, so I think we proved our competency and interest in making the product successful. IN NO WAY did we damage or dismantle the product. IMO this is not how to support your products especially when you stamp made in the USA.

Their response-

I refunded this customer so that we can be done with them. They are a liability and please refer any orders to me should they attempt to place any more.

I really am disappointed at my treatment and hope no one else is treated like this.

Good day, following your topic I’ve saw that your are a little bit disappointed about whats happened… i think that mRo treat you well, not only bcoz the refund but they have follow your issue… and they gave you the support for solve the problem explaining you what’s happened.
Pni produce the rm 3100 module and in some cases during the assembly a module can be faulty.
Rm3100 modules must handle with care…, if you have saw on the main small tower you will not find too much solder paste coz will bend and misalignment will occur… they have follow the correct datasheet.
.Do you mind advice me the defective problem the pni said to you?

If @pkocmoud has the patience to deal with this yet again, to provide a balanced account of this already-dealt-with-multiple-times issue, I’ll leave the thread open. I’d personally prefer to close it.

Thanks @james_pattison - At it’s core this is a dissatisfied customer. After a number of attempts to aid them, I decided it was in our best interest to part ways. Sometimes that is the best path forward and I refunded their order even though they returned obviously damaged merchandise. I agree this post does not benefit anyone and is simply another avenue for this gentleman to vent.

@Dave84 is was the reported response:

Paul,

I forward your pictures to Sensor engineer, he has following response.

I don’t have any suggestions other than what is covered in the app note. What I see in those pictures is that the ends of the broken wire are compressed flat. It is most likely from the end of the welding anvil of our machine. There is a small chance it could be from their process. Either way it may have been weakened by using the wrong flux.

Hopefully, this is a clue. Please check the flux in your assembly process.

Thanks,

Betty

As I’ve suspect… its a faulty assembly during the production of the sensor…, and its not correlated to mRo.

I came to you in good faith and emailed you and provided all evidence, and praised your product. You first response was that your product was not for us, that is a insult. It implies that your product can’t possibly be at fault, I had no intention to disparage your company but In my experience I make my customers happy. I was very patient and looking to help Mro and myself to resolve this issues not caused by me. The product is very good and impressive, I provided ample evidence that this was something wrong and instead of working with me and keeping a customer you insult me, block me because you wronged me. Does that make any sense? Every customer should matter, and in this cause I was very cooperative, and looked to continue to use your product.

I use Drotec rm3100 and never had a issues I run them in all our drones.

No they did not give me support they replace sensors on a defective part. One came DOA other lasted less than 5 mins in flight.

I agree is was a fault assembly so when not replace it side on the customer side keep a customer and sell more units? Instead of basically calling a customer incompetent, telling them our product is not for you, than blocking them from buying from your company and losing a customer.

This is my point of view… if someone is telling you its not the right hardware i cannot feel offended but i must accept the suggestion.
a drotek rm3100 is totally different from the LocationOne… one is a rm 3100 breadboard and the other one is a module with a different build. If they supposed to replace only the defective part, this is correct.
in my opinion the engineer team is prepared enough for give you a suggestion… after this its only about us if we want follow the right way.
Better close the topic here.