MP Terminal Outputs Random characters

MP 1.3.16, Windows 7 64 bit, USB link to APM 2.6 with separate compass/GPS (generic brand).

I can no longer connect to my APM using the terminal function. This used to work with older versions of MP. I get a lot of gibberish on the screen (see attached file). I also can no longer download logs, the screen also fills up with gibberish and beeps.

Everything else seems to work as before: mavlink connect, flight plan, flight data, firmware update, compass calibration… I am able to see the status of the APM in the flight data window (GPS status, orientation, compass…).

What could be the problem? I checked similar threads and the issue seemed to vary: bad APM, wrong speed setting on COM port, etc. I checked all these as best I could and everything seems correct. Your help will be appreciated by this newcomer to quadcopters (old radio control modeler from the 70’s).

@whittonm,
If you have your APM2.6 loaded with ArduCopter v3.2, the CLI is no longer functional.
Regards,
TCIII GM

@TCIII Thanks for the answer. How do we deal with logs if we have APM 2.6?

@whittonm,
Telemetry and Data logs can be downloaded using the Telemetry and Data Flash Logs Tabs at the bottom of the HUD in the MP.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Great! Thanks for your help. I was doing it the hard way. :blush: