MP Quick Tab Data - eliminate decimal places

My apologies if this has been discussed before…I would like to eliminate the decimal places on the data (Altitude, Airspeed, Vertical Speed, etc.) in the Quick Tab so that it only shows whole numbers (i.e. Airspeed=23, not Airspeed=23.47). Does anyone have a method to do this? I prefer the actual numbers versus the gauges, but watching the data constantly changing is a bit annoying and there is no need to know airspeed or altitude down to the hundredths of a mph or foot. Many thanks for all the great info!

Only with build a custom Mission Planner version.

Andras,

Thanks for the reply. Guess I would have thought somebody else would have similar thoughts on decimal places for altitude as it is rather pointless to consider hundredths of a foot or hundredths of a mph. The overall screen would “settle down” a bit instead of flickering state of numbers it currently is - easier on the eyes for the operator(s).

Thanks again for the input. Is this something Michael Obourne can fix??

You can “fix” it by modifying this line and building a custom version:

Because all numbers in the quick tab use the same format, your preference should not make it into an official release (there are a lot of values where decimal precision is warranted). I suppose we could put a lot of effort into customizing decimal precision for each value, but I’m not sure the reward is worth the effort there, especially since most of the values you’re referencing are readily available in a nicely displayed format on the HUD.

Yuri,

Thank you for the information. I have not made code modifications before, but will give this a try at some point.