MP - Minor bug still present, please fix

This problem still persists: any of the F2 to F12 keys don’t work when in the Config/Tuning screen AND any parameter is changed and thus focused/highlighted. It works as long as no parameter has been changed. So if you’re changing parameters and need to switch back to the Flight Data screen quickly it doesn’t work

Issue here: github.com/diydrones/MissionPlanner/issues/191

It may sound like I’m being pedantic but for someone who uses the MP a lot these shortcuts are SO useful!!

I like to speed up the workflow, so keys like F12 (Connect/Disconnect) and others mentioned below go a long way to keeping things flowing along smoothly without having to use a laptops trackpad, find the damn cursor (which always ‘hides’) and then move it across the screen to click a button that a simple F key shortcut could have achieved.

F2 - switch to Flight Data screen
F3 - switch to Flight Planner screen
F4 - switch to Config/Tuning screen
F5 - read parameters
F12 - Connect/Disconnect
Ctrl S - write changed parameters - very useful but only works if you hit Tab to deselect the last parameter first, also something that could do with a fix.
Ctrl L - Geofence control
Ctrl W - setup wizard - (how many people know about this!?)

Thanks, much appreciated!

will be fixed in next release/beta

Michael, thank you so much for this, it works really well!

Wish one could use Ctrl-F for “Find” but it’s taken already :smiley:

Any chance of “Find” having a text box right below the button and searching ‘on-the-fly’ as each letter is entered?

Graham,
Did the need to hit Tab before ctrl-s get fixed too?
Thanks for requesting real time search, that would be really useful.

Ctrl-s still needs Tab to be hit first otherwise it doesn’t save/write.

The real time search would be really great. The only tabs I use are ‘APM:Plane Pids’ and ‘Full Parameter List’ with Find. It’s too hard to find stuff in the others.

Me too. I never understood the point of the other screens.