MP DATA tab layout for different models

Hello,
I have four craft running arduplane/copter and use MP as the ground station, only one at a time !
The SYSID_THISMAV value is recognised when connectiong to a model with the expected value appearing.

I’m expecting the DATA tab to resort to the layout I chose for that model (eg. one model has two GPS values etc.) but it brings up the last layout used.
Am I expecting too much? or am I missing something silly ?

Thanks
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

This is actually a good idea. I’ll check how can it be implemented. The only issue is that how it impacts swarms setups when there are more than one uav’s are connected to the MP.

1 Like

which settings specifically? the quickview items?

Yes, please
The gauges might be ‘good to have’ also

Thanks

Hi guys,
Do you think there will be a chance of implementing this?

Cheers

@Michael_Oborne
@Eosbandi

A possible easier solution ?..
Rather than recognise the model connected and displaying the appropriate quickview items, how about being able to lay out six designs and save them with a ‘name’
These can then be selected for use after the model is connected.

Would this be easier, quicker to code ?
Would also solve the ‘swarm’ issue

Thanks for considering

in 1.3.74 you can add a -config filename.xml as a command line parameter, this will use the named file as a config file instead of the original config.xml. This allows you to create separate Mission Planner shortcuts for every one of your vehicles. It will keep the full configuration, not only the quickviews.
Since it copies config.xml if a new config file is created you can run Mission Planner without the -config parameter, set up all your common settings then start creating individual configs.

1 Like

Thanks for this…
I’m not that clear on this, I’m not a programmer, well in the current day anyway. :grinning:
I can see how the config.xml holds the data to setup the ‘quickview’ and can create a few different ones to suit my model requirements but I’m unsure how to ‘tell’ MP to use the file I want when I start up.
I can see that MP runs through an ‘old DOS’ style batch file when opening, which file is this? and can I start MP using different versions of this?

Thanks for your support on this, much appreciated
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:.

Right click on your Mission Planner shortcut (or create a copy of it then use the copy) and add -config filename.xml to the end of Target: field.

And you can rename it to reflect the config.

1 Like

@Eosbandi
That’s sorted me, Thank You
I now have four shortcuts on my desktop which open MP for the craft I’m using at the time.

Thank you very much