I’m currently trying to build an autonomous swarm of boats, starting by one autonomous boat. After a slow start with PX4, I moved on to ArduRover 4.1.5 with Mission Planner 1.3.77.
I’m using hardware components from the QAV250 kit (DIY Complet Kit Holybro QAV250 avec Piwhawk 4 Mini):
- PixHawk 4 Mini as FC
- I kept the ESCs
- I kept the Power Distribution Board
- I’ve bought brushless motors that should fit those ESCs (I have 2 different boats with 2 of the following motors on each) (https://www.amazon.fr/DollaTek-brushless-capteur-Performance-Voiture/dp/B0887XKRWH/ref=sr_1_86?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2CDSXA7VGTH6D&keywords=boat+brushless+motor&qid=1649073172&sprefix=boat+brushless+motor%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-86 and https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigy-xk2845-1980kv-brushless-inrunner.html?wrh_pdp=7#qa[bW9kZT03JnBhZ2U9MSZxdWVzdGlvbl9zZWFyY2hfY29udGVudD0=])
- I swapped the GPS for a F9P module from Drotek which is plugged in the UART I2C port from PixHawk 4 Mini
I want the boat to use differential thrust to drive, and it is powered with 3S LiPos
- Frame setting to boat (FRAME_TYPE : 0 and FRAME_CLASS : 2)
- Accel Calibration
- Compass Calibration
- Radio Calibration (I’m using Taranis QX7 with R-XSR receiver from FrSky)
- I’ve plugged motors on pins 1 and 2 and set SERVO1_FUNCTION : 73 and SERVO2_FUNCTION : 74
When I start the boat, it takes time to make the noise that indicates the motor is armed (sometimes more than 2 minutes). The left motor arms fine after a few seconds, but the right one takes a lot of time emitting random beeps (not regular, but tends to be faster and faster), and then eventually makes a melody and arms itself. I’ve tried it on 2 different boats, with different ESCs, FC, PDB, the result is the same.
I can’t calibrate my ESCs on Mission Planner as I’m not using ArduCopter 3.3+ (but ArduRover 4.1.5), and I’ve tried calibrating them on QGroundControl with PX4 then switching to ArduRover, but it doesn’t change anything. I’ve also tried manual calibration (with the description explained on the ArduPilot documentation) but it doesn’t make any noise and simply doesn’t seem to work.
If anyone knows what the problem is and how to solve this issue, it would be a pleasure to talk about it. And of course, if you need more information, feel free to ask.
Thanks in advance,