Motors Pulsing?

Anyone have an idea what is causing this?

Turnigy motors
afro 30 amp escs

Works fine in stabilize but altitude or loiter does what is in the video. Seemed to stop for few seconds late in the video. Used this controller on another quad with no issues.

Been auto-tuned already, props balanced, tried 2 different sets of props, APM mounted on an anti vibration mount.

Did not log vibration but will on next test flight, does not appear to have much vib though.

If a better place to post where someone might know what is up please let me know.
Cheers

[youtube]https://youtu.be/nhfZLtTgkvo[/youtube]

Me too! Three months ago.

Genuine Pixhawk, Disco Pro, APM 3.2, Flying well, auto-tuned, flying auto missions, when…

Had a slow speed prop stoppage (drifted into an iron pipe) and I’ve had a mystery pulsing of props ever since. Replaced every ESC and all Motors. Checked all soldering and board for a crack, as I thought that the pulsing might be a circuit making and breaking contact as it flexed up and down.

It flies, it just vibrates horribly as the motors pulse up and down.

I’d shelved the MR and built another, but I need to get it working as a backup.

Sorry for your problem, but I’m happy to see you!
Joe

youtu.be/nhfZLtTgkvo

Do a log with IMU enabled. You won’t see vibes visually even if they are bad.

attached logs have imu, was close or just over the -3 +3

I did just solve the problem today however, required a roll back to previous version. Pulsing instantly gone. At least one other person had this problem with latest FW, as he mentioned on RC forum it fixed his pulsing as well. Do developers need to know?

Here are my specs

HK Pilot Mega 2.7
APM 3.2 now back on 3.15
Quanum LEA-6H GPS with Compass and Pedestal Stand with Case
Afro ESC 30Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware)
3508-580KV Turnigy Multistar 14 Pole Brushless Multi-Rotor Motor With Extra Long Leads
Iron Man 650 frame
4s turnigy lipos

Hello

Just my experience - I’v had pulsing from beggining.
1st - foam on baro was touching the sensor - After had to cut some air gap in foam around sensor, then it was better , but still present.

2nd - switched from some cheapo carbon props to more expensive RCtimer 10x5 ,even when the previous were balanced - twitches disapeared !

[quote=“juano2001”]attached logs have imu, was close or just over the -3 +3

I did just solve the problem today however, required a roll back to previous version. Pulsing instantly gone. At least one other person had this problem with latest FW, as he mentioned on RC forum it fixed his pulsing as well. Do developers need to know?[/quote]

ah sorry must have been looking at the wrong log.

vibes a bit higher than i like personally but looking at your params you alt hold gains are higher than default.

Your thr rate P is 6 rather than 5

thr accel p is 1.3 odd rather than 0.5

the accel I is 1.7 odd rather than 1

maybe one or more of these is too high creating oscilation in altitude

Those are results from autotune. If that is the problem why did a firmware roll back fix it? I’d like to run the most up to date FW but it is flying very nice in all modes now. I’ll try setting values as you indicated and work on vibe.

Auto tune doesn’t touch alt hold tuning. What values has the older version used?

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

thr rate P 6

thr accel p is 1.5

thr accel I is 3.0

OK cheers.

I recently read that 3.2 and 3.15 require different values, so I suggest lowering those gains with 3.2. Like I said they above standard, so would not be surprised if its oscillating due to them being too high.

ill reinstall 3.2 and give it a try. Then at least that may help the next guy with trouble shooting. Thanks for you help!! :stuck_out_tongue: