Motors armed but not responding to throttle

Just received my iris a few days ago and had a few great flights. I decided to check out the mission planner software and things went downhill from there. Made the mistake for running the wizard before reading that you aren’t supposed to do that… Oops.

I’ve attempted to load the default parameters but I still can’t get this thing off the ground. I can arm it and the motors start spinning like they did before but when I move the left stick up they don’t spin faster. Moving the left stick left and right will get me a response as will the right stick in all directions.

Do I need reset my radio? …or better yet is there a way to reset both the iris and the radio to the factory settings?

Thanks.

What mode are you in?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Loiter mode but I have switched around to others to see if that was the problem. Interestingly when I go into stabilize I do get a little response from the throttle but not enough to take off - just a slow wind up of the motors.

Check your trims.
Check your Throttle Calibration.
You can also try AutoTrim (which I’m planning to).

All of this and more is on the wiki: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction

[quote=“IPvFletch”]Check your trims.

All of this and more is on the wiki: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction[/quote]

Thanks for the info and link. I’ll check that out this evening.

[quote=“IPvFletch”]Check your trims.

All of this and more is on the wiki: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction[/quote]

Okay, I had a chance to read through the wiki you provided and check my settings.

Trims are centered.

Throttle calibration I’m a little confused about what section I should be looking for.

In Config/Tuning | Basic Tuning
throttle hover is set at 580.

Under Config/Tuning | Extended Tuning
throttle accel is at
P: 0.7500
I: 1.5000
D: 0.0000
IMAX 5.0

and
Throttle Rate: P: 5.0000

I don’t feel safe tinkering with these numbers blindly. Guidance is appreciated.

As for the AutoTrim and the other option, SafeTrim, both require the a flight test to configure (catch 22).

I wold really prefer a way to do a factory reset if that possible. It flew great out of the box - just my dumb meddling that screwed up a setting somewhere.

Thanks again for the info though.

I had the same problem with my Y6 yesterday after updating the firmware… it turned out somehow when I updated the THR_MAX paramater got changed from 1000 (it’s normal setting) to 200 (a fast idle) corrected that and things went back to (mostly) normal… still a few things that I think may have been changed by the update but at least it is back to flyable

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The THR_MAX parameter was at 80!? It was even highlighted! …Embarrassing.