Motor Balance fail in LogAnalyzer. 3.5

: Motor Balance = FAIL - Motor channel averages = [1507, 1466, 1566, 1390, 1545, 1420]
Average motor output = 1482
Difference between min and max motor averages = 176

Hello. Question: is this a issue? Hex flies well but battery seems a little hot.

Solved Calibrated esc’s.

just a heads up, I calibrated my ESCs and still have this problem – doesn’t seem to cause a problem in flight though

I calibrated the ESCs on my quad this afternoon. Flew three flights - 2/3 flights had a warning. Logs looked good, vibes looked good and flight visually appeared normal. I think small differences are normal.

I have never had the motors balance out with ESC calibration…and I have built and rebuilt 3 different configs over the past 2 years.

I’ve had motor imbalance issues on a Tarot 650 Sport with ROUND carbon fiber tubes.

Tarot frames come with plastic Red and Black motor mounts that have knurled brass threaded inserts in the boom clamp and motor platform attachment points. I always put the Red mounts on the after arms.

The Aft Port (M2) motor mount had twisted and threw the power system out of balance.

As it turns out, the plastic used in the Red motor mounts is not as strong as the plastic used in the Black mounts. Consequently, one of the threaded clamp inserts became loose. This allowed the entire mount to move.

Replacing the Red mounts with Black mounts resolved the problem.

One other point: Using In Flight Tuning to tune the Roll and Pitch Rates (Rate Roll/Pitch kP) may help…

F450 F550 and Tarot 680pro all had this unbalance issue for me.

Matter of fact, flying the 680 this afternoon, on motor ARM & MOT_SPIN_ARM set to 0.2, I notice 1 motor spinning slower than the rest…same as every craft I have built.
Checking the logs, same thing…

Size (kb) 9071.974609375
No of lines 107165
Duration 0:06:33
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version V3.5.0
Firmware Hash 633501f9
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = NA -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (9.99%)
Max mag field length (562.39) > recommended (550.00)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = GOOD -
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.22, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Motor Balance = FAIL - Motor channel averages = [1606, 1547, 1657, 1484, 1578, 1575]
Average motor output = 1574
Difference between min and max motor averages = 173
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = NA -
Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
Test: Thrust = NA -
Test: VCC = GOOD -