MOT_THST_Hover doesn't update

Ac 4.3.7 MOT_THST_HOVER doesn’t update to new hover value even MOT_HOVER_LEARN parameter set to 2.

I have rebooted FC and mission planner also disconnected and reconnect nothing works…but 4.3.6 version is updated correctly.

Set it manually from Ctun>Tho during a hover condition.

Thank you…but i want to display these bug here.

I haven’t see this and no other reports so skeptical its a bug. What is the value from the log?

But i have seen all drones which runs 4.3.7

What value does the log say should be learned?

it is hard-coded to only update mot_thst_hover when the lean angle of the copter is less than 5 deg.

so if you are trying to learn when it is windy it wont work.

dont have the code link rn but im sure its easy to find.

The new learned value is 0.32 but mission planner shows that its still 0.2.

Also, it won’t learn a value below .125 in any case.

1 Like

oh, i’ve noticed that too where params seemingly do not update in mission planner after initial tuning. reconnecting fixes the problem for me. dunno what is going on here.

Have you tried manually refreshing the parameters in MP?

yes done many times but no luck.

I don’t see any relevant changes to Copter between 4.3.6 and 4.3.7
Are you disarming before checking the value?

No after land the drone disarm then mission planner full parameter list refresh the parameter to see the mot_thst_hover but still its showing default 0.2 .

I have checked log now and load parameters from the log page itself the log parameter show updated MOT_THST_HOVER value as 0.32.

So hover throttle learning works and MOT_THST_HOVER is updating correctly in both 4.3.6 and 4.3.7. But MP doesn’t show the new parameter value under any circumstances, even after rebooting and/or reconnecting?
I don’t see how that could happen. Can you reproduce this behavior?

@kalai1219 can you please send logs to show this? Should be very evident if we have a bug.
Also FYI, the learning doesn’t happen in manual-throttle based modes (acro, stabilize).

Exactly. I will try to reproduce the issue again.

Bin file shows that thrust hover value but mission planner is not showing updated value.

And ofcourse i was flown in Althold mode only to learn mot thrust hover.