MOT_THST_EXPO for T-Motor ESCs

Hi,

What is the recommended value of MOT_THST_EXPO for T-Motor ESCs such as the Air 40A and Flame 60A? I’ve seen some suggestions that due to their linear nature, it’s best to keep the value as low as possible. Is this correct? I’ve currently set it at 0.2 for some Flame 60A escs. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Have you done some measuring? Normally the MOT_THST_EXPO doesn’t need any adjustment:

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/motor-thrust-scaling.html#

Searched previous posts for ‘MOT_THST_EXPO T-Motor’
I’m intending to use T-Motor Air 40Esc on a hex build. Anubis Rick suggests:
‘T-Motor ESCs linearize their PWM-thrust curve, so a lower expo of 0.15-0.25 is generally measured to be appropriate for these ESCs.’

Seems like I’m in the right ballpark then.
Thanks for your reply!

Can anyone confirm that such low expo is correct for Flame 80A HV + U11 KV120 + 27x8.8 on 12S ?

I have seen the low number value tied to t-motor ESCs before but I can say from experience newer t-motor ESCs such as the air40 run fine at .65 with ten inch props. I also run Alpha 60A ESCs with 30 inch props at .8 and there is significant control improvement from .65 on those large props. Never tried going to a low number after the higher value worked out for me.

I have used the MOT_THR_EXPO 0.25 for my model and it is working fine but I have asked the T-motor people they said that they have tested the motor at a 0.65 value. Now I don’t know what to follow