Most integrated compact FC for Fixed Wing option

I have a couple brand new Control Zero we aren’t going to use if you are interested. I’ve used them extensively and it’s hands down the best FC in that size. mRo support is also top-notch.

Hi Allister,

Thanks for the wealth of info. I had not even known about the RDF900 as an option, similar to the info Dave provides I always go on a goose chase to get more info about each new system presented as an option.

B/c I have a Futaba I don’t think there is any plug and play TX module that looks clean unlike the Frsky and other radios that just plug into the back nicely. I think no matter what system I go with I have to use velcro to hold the TX to the back of the radio which is not a huge deal but like you I think aesthetically it would be much nicer if it did.

I like the Dragonlink and your feedback makes me lean more that way simply because of how easy it works and the new V3 slim has both BT/Wifi built in in case one does not work there is alway s a backup option. Also after sorting through 6000 pages on the RC thread for dragonlink and another 1000+ on the crossfire about the 1.3Ghz VTX interference issues I’m more leaning towards dragonlink. Sometime i wish there was only one option as it would just make things easier to be honest.

I do like how the RDF900x has encryption, not sure how that overhead though affects the throughput and frankly there is nothing I need encrypted but it is cool they offer that likely for other commercial or govt use possibly. Sorry getting sidetracked again.

I have not dabbled in OpenTX and not sure I will in some time. I feel like that would set me off on another tangent and I would like to avoid having to write code b/c it would give me an excuse to spend more time on the computer than actually flying.

Your feedback on the Crossfire really seals the deal for me. I sent an email to them about the Wifi capability and got a response it is a new feature in development which is why it is not in their latest manual. I think I will just go the Dragonlink route.

Now if I can only find a FPV/HD system and will work.

So a little update, I sent an email to holybro, cuav, mRo and Matek. Only one of them actually responded via email so it says a lot about support after sales.

Doing quite a bit of research on HD video tx and range like herelink, cuav, caddx and frankly the more I read the more doubts I have about the advertised range although one user here stated they had good first hand experience on one. Still looking for a viable solution if one exists which may not.

Frankly the expectation of a lot of direct support from these Companies (except Mro and maybe CUAV) is not realistic. It’s just the way it is. I have products from all of those except CUAV, but have worked on their stuff, and have never bothered with direct tech support from any of them. Maybe I asked a question about a PixRacer one time… Getting Tech Support within the Ardupilot Community is an easier way to go :slight_smile:

I agree generally the support is best learned from end users with first hand experience, but if there is HW issues and warranty issues I would at minimum expect the supplier to respond to an email. The one that did respond said they don’t do repairs for customers overseas and the warranty period is void for the same reason due to shipping costs. Says a lot there in my opinion.

Fairly typical… We just roll with it. I would suggest Mro then if that’s the type of service you want. Everyone else is in China. Hex (Cubes) have support in the US and elsewhere. You can even buy an FC made in the US if you want to pay the $$ for it.

mRo is one of the companies that did not respond, go figure.