More than 8 channels through bus

Hi

Is there a way to use more than 8 channels through sbus on a pixhawk with apmcopter 3.2.1?
I’ve seen that there are options like "CH10_OPT: RTL " under “Standard Params” but could not figure out how to config.

My setup:

Taranis plus with OpenTX 2.0.15
X8R in D16 / CH1-16 bound
Pixhawk on ArduCopter 3.2.1 bound via SBus

I configured a switch and a mixer on my Taranis for CH10

In APM Planner I set CH10_OPT to RTL under Standard Params and under Advanced Params I’ve set RC10 min, trim, max like my RC7 values.

Unfortunately nothing happens when I use the assigned switch. :frowning: Any ideas? Is this possible at all?

Regards from Switzerland
Marcel

Hello,

I use VRBrain 5.2 and Futaba sBus (T14SG), I managed to assign channel 12 to control Led lighting on my Octo via passtrough. I will have a look tonight and confirm my settings in parameters list.

Marc

I am using more than 8 channels on my radio. You need to have a receiver that supports that many channels and the radio has to be setup to send them. My radio was set to only send 8 until I changed it.

I use channel 9 to trigger an event.

The channel 9 through 12 are future functions of firmware 3.3 that is not out yet. slatted for next week at last post.

Using pass-through you can use PWM on the Aux pins to control other things or still only 1 relay pin at a time.

Mike

[quote=“mlebret”]Hello,

I use VRBrain 5.2 and Futaba sBus (T14SG), I managed to assign channel 12 to control Led lighting on my Octo via passtrough. I will have a look tonight and confirm my settings in parameters list.

Marc[/quote]

RTL is not an option with extra channels with 3.2.1 firmware. You may have to switch to 3.3 dev (RC1) to have it.

Marc

Thank you for your help. I was confused finding these settings in APM Planner but could not getting it working. So then I’m waiting for the stable 3.3 because I wan’t risk my copter. :slight_smile: