Is there any chance to add full frame cameras support to Tower app ? I would like to have possibility to create survey with such cameras. I would like to add full frame camera (for example Canon 5d) with different lenses 18mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 45mm, 50mm ? Can I do it by myself or I need to wait for software update ? This app has very easy preparation of survey and that’s a pity that I can’t chose camera which I am using Thanks for great app !
Even it the answer is too late:
Yes it is still possible to add custom camera profiles into Tower App!
I´ll try to give some hints:
- create a folder “3DRServices” on the phone (internal memory)
- create a subfolder “CameraInfo” into “3DRServices”
- create a .xml file by an editos software
Example of a custom profile for Flir Tau 336 camera:
- this file has to be saved as .xml file and should be placed into the folder “CameraInfo”
- Check if your profile can be selected by the Editor in the Tower App.
- Have fun!
Thanks for info! I will have problem with sensor resolution. How can I get this value for Canon 5d mk2 22 Megapixels ? Is there any formula for calculation this ? As I understand
is just a number of focal length in millilitres.
Ok so I created file:
but Tower doesn’t see this new camera.
Please look at the code: